Finding A Rifle....

Here we go, measured out 100m. Setup shooting into the wind, which was blowing about a bit. 15/20mph.

First shot was way out.

photo8_zps4363f2bb.jpg

Some massive adjustments later we got on paper and somewhere close...Probably 2 inch group. Scope is pretty shite to be honest blurry on 9x at 100m. Still this is the first 10 rounds or so i have put through any center fire rifle...

photo9_zps7f730f7f.jpg

Then after getting used to how the gun felt, the groups got a bit tighter, 3 shots a tad high so one click down on the old hawke saw my first bullseye!

photo11_zpsd82825f9.jpg

Then ran out of paper so had a go at a drawing pin. 3 shot group here one hit the pin. :thumbs:

photo10_zps423f8e35.jpg

So thats it so far, hopefully get a better glass on it in the coming weeks, I feel will help massively...

This was using hornady vmax 55grn :thumbs:

• Like 2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After days of searching I found something I liked on guntrader, Tikka T3 lite in stainless with a cheap hawke 3x9x50IR, leupold mounts and a PES mod... £650. In bloody good condition. Probably put a b

Wont go far wrong with that mate, put a Nikon scope on it, job done.

You picked up a bargain there mate, nothing wrong with Tikka T3

Posted Images

Ha ha..in the forces they tought us that the wind shouldn't effect at 100ms and they use 55 grain fmj, that said it looks good mate and the problem is when on top magnification its always quite hard That's why I've settled for a 4-16 even if I don't always use it on the top mag its still so much easier atleast on the 100m point.

Edited by celticrusader

Here we go, measured out 100m. Setup shooting into the wind, which was blowing about a bit. 15/20mph.

First shot was way out.

photo8_zps4363f2bb.jpg

Some massive adjustments later we got on paper and somewhere close...Probably 2 inch group. Scope is pretty shite to be honest blurry on 9x at 100m. Still this is the first 10 rounds or so i have put through any center fire rifle...

photo9_zps7f730f7f.jpg

Then after getting used to how the gun felt, the groups got a bit tighter, 3 shots a tad high so one click down on the old hawke saw my first bullseye!

photo11_zpsd82825f9.jpg

Then ran out of paper so had a go at a drawing pin. 3 shot group here one hit the pin. :thumbs:

photo10_zps423f8e35.jpg

So thats it so far, hopefully get a better glass on it in the coming weeks, I feel will help massively...

This was using hornady vmax 55grn :thumbs:

Good enough grouping to worry a fox on the chicken farm , even on the windiest of nights …….

• Like 1

E-mail Optics Warehouse and see what they have in. They don't always show everything on the website. I picked up a nice Nikon Monarch 3 2.5-10x50 for £199. It wasn't on the website.

I noticed you were selling it, have you given up and sold the rifle too, as you have been rather quiet on the subject recently?

Not selling either, my new Monarch is sat on top of the .223 which are sat in the cabinet, until I get different ammo.

Put it on the back burner for now while life, work, relationships etc take over.

I will give it another go eventually.

That scope I had for sale was a 2nd Monarch I purchased at the same time and I've since sold it on.