Whippet Advice Required

Hi Guys,

Just looking for a bit of advice, looking to get my first working dog but i am looking for something to use on the lamp but also small enough to keep in the house as I haven’t got space for a kennel. I have been looking at Whippets but i have heard off some people that their skin is thin and its dangerous then jumping over barbed wire etc. as they will need stitched up if they catch a little. Also is the any difference between getting a bitch or a dog. I have read that dogs are not as obedient as bitches.

Cheers

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Sure : Laguna dam : 3/4 whippet 1/4 Wheaton.

This is for my lad to bring on( but u know I'll be doing the leg work) he loves his ferrets and daytime and he's only. 8, gotta encourage them I think. Better than Xbox. Should be handy little bitch in good time. Atb fellas . I'll update u on her progress/slowgress!

• Like 1
buster gonads, on 10 Sept 2014 - 9:31 PM, said:

threelander, on 10 Sept 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

get a first cross whippet bedlington

No, get a 3/4 whippet 1/4 beddy, more versatile, size of a whippet but better alround rabbit dog imo.

Lol total bollox,

Source a well bred whippet and they will do what a beddy x will do and more and without feckin yapping lol

Edited by mally
  • Like 2

nothing better off the mark than a whippet for bunnies i suppose it depends on what sort of ground you are working on ie small fields or large areas and cover etc any dog can get skin tears on barbed wire so wouldnt say that should be an issue.whippet dogs can tend to be more head strong but i would say this helps more with the prey drive i find the bitches more biddable though and loyal and would have a full whippet over a whippet/beddy anyday look at nimrodel/laguna lines you wont go far wrong.

buster gonads, on 10 Sept 2014 - 9:31 PM, said:

threelander, on 10 Sept 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

get a first cross whippet bedlington

No, get a 3/4 whippet 1/4 beddy, more versatile, size of a whippet but better alround rabbit dog imo.

Lol total bollox,

Source a well bred whippet and they will do what a beddy x will do and more and without feckin yapping lol

LOL, its not the 1/4 beddy that yaps.

• 2 weeks later...