Where Do I Stand? ?

GameRooster. I fully appreciate what you are saying. Break em to cats. Both my terriers were brought up on farm with cats and we're fine until one day something clicked and no mater what I did all they wanted to do was kill them.... I'm sure the majority of lurchers will hunt to kill if something small and furry pops up in font of them un expected, instinct takes over. And there's not much chance of changing their mind. I'm sure people have broken to cats but few and far between I would imagine. Atb

• Like 2

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

get rid of the bull x,30seconds to kill a cat ffs

you could of took the heat off the dogs by raping the cat she wouldn't worry about the dogs then.

Punch her in the face lol nuffin worry about mate

Dealing with problem ferals on farms??? Explain that one to the law..... come on fellas, hunting ban and all that, plus dogs wouldn't be my first choice for controlling ferals, cage traps and suitable calibre rifles would be much more efficient...... and i have had ex track dogs and broken them to cats, even managed to break adult salukis to them, where there's a will, there's a way

Dealing with problem ferals on farms??? Explain that one to the law..... come on fellas, hunting ban and all that, plus dogs wouldn't be my first choice for controlling ferals, cage traps and suitable calibre rifles would be much more efficient...... and i have had ex track dogs and broken them to cats, even managed to break adult salukis to them, where there's a will, there's a way

Ggib is in northern ireland where there is no hunting ban

• Like 1

Ggib is in northern ireland where there is no hunting ban

that farm up beside you was plagued with them for a while we must have had at least 20 to deal with all full of weepy eyes and scabby looking fcukers, no dogs were harmed in the making of this post
  • Like 2

Given the fact that a lurcher/sighthound has an inherent instinct to chase anything that moves, it is down to the owner to do the best with engraving the rules of engagement.

I had a dog pre ban, Deer/Grey x/Collie Grey, would take anything regularly run on UK soil, single handed. He was as good as gold with the sisters pet rabbit and even the next door neighbours kitten. It can be done. I say "do the best" because that's all you can do, one of my current two long dogs is a 100%, the other I wouldn't trust as far I could throw him with cats. . If in doubt, keep it on a lead.

Responding to the initial post, I don't think it is a requirement to keep on a dog on a lead on all footpaths, not around my way at least. So I can't see anything coming of it. Don't make the same mistake twice :thumbs:

The dog doesnt no that

Your dog doesn't know that a cat isn't quarry?

Come on Kev stop trying to make other people look c**ts mate.

Not my dog son ,some dogs or why would they chase/kill them ?

Because there owners dont know how to train them correctly, or its legal, and they are used for feral cats, such as aus