Where Do I Stand? ?

Question for you folks please!?

Just been out walking my 2 lurchers and 2 terriers on their usual dinner time walk! Usual footpath in fields behind my house All of a sudden my dogs set off after what I thought was a squirrel at first. Then realised it was a cat. They caught up to it and I ran over to try and get em off but my bull x was shaking the life out of it. Anyhow this was all in about 30 seconds. I managed to get em off but the cat was wrecked and the woman from the house next to the field cane

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

get rid of the bull x,30seconds to kill a cat ffs

you could of took the heat off the dogs by raping the cat she wouldn't worry about the dogs then.

Punch her in the face lol nuffin worry about mate

Nothing can be done about a cat being killed by a dog unless she wants to take out a private prosecution or she says you deliberately set the dogs on the cat, but then its just her word against yours., and as long as your dogs didnt threaten her then nothing.will be done. offer to bury the cat.

Edited by desertbred

Basically, "shit happens" !! If this was not on her property, and your dogs were not running about unsupervised, then you have nothing to worry about. Morally ? Apologise, and that's it. Police could get involved, but most police haven't a clue about situations like this; it doesn't matter if they are hunting dogs or chihuahua's, if your account is true; you have done nothing wrong.

Yes, as has been said, accidents and shit happens but don't think that because others have not given a shite you shouldn't either. Both the law and the woman could possibly make things difficult for you in the future...

If that situation happened to me, local to where i live, I would do what I thought reasonably possible to help the woman out. First off by showing a bit of compassion for her beloved pet and as has been said, offer to bury it and maybe, if you thought it may make a difference, offer a replacement (bog standard giveaway kitten of course!).

You'd show her that maybe it was a genuine accident and us lurcher owning hunters ain't all bad and maybe stop any curtains twitching and reports going in in the future... Your call.... ;)