Rabbits Dying Unexpectedly

Hi All. I don't post much but I wonder if you can help. My local permission text me today and said few rabbits found dead but not sure if it's mixy. I've asked him to keep one so I can have a look. If its not.....anyone have any ideas. Permission in Essex farmland near a salt water tidal river no sign of foxes or dogs. Not sure if that helps but its a bit of background.

I found a dead rabbit the other. No one else got permission. There wasnt a mark on it. I know it doesnt always show a wound if its shot with a hollow point but this rabbit still had rigamortice and had not long died. It was full grown but young and otherwise healthy..I thought VHD left blood in the ear..Am i wrong about that, is there other symptoms?

I get a lot of dead rabbits on my perms, i mean they don't expect a .22 hitting them do they lol joke over bud

If its mixi just look at there eyes as they will be scabbed over or some will be blind .

they will still sense you or hear you but when they run they will often run round in as if they have not got a clue where there going its easy to spot one i hope its not mixi ether as this can wipe out the rabbit population to .

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

Thanks all. Should have said, I can recognise mixy as seen a fair few over the years, that's why I asked him to keep one. I'll check it out when I see it. Reason I asked the question is that I've never come across mixy in the area. Thanks for the suggestions I'll look that up. Happy hunting all.