Big Money For Pups

wxm surely if you wanted the numptys not to get hold of your pups the thing to do is give them to your mates and not let them go anywhere else, problem solved . Sorry boys but imo the people who sell pups do it for for one reason and one reason only and that's to get the cash. Having said that sometimes there are good reasons to sell your pups ie paying towards feeding the rest of your dogs or maintaining your kennals etc but the big money sales are for personal gain which if that's what floats your boat no probs but don't try and justify it as something else eh!!!

couldn't agree more. If someone charges a grand a pup and denies doing it for the money then theyre lying. But so what. What's the harm in making a nice bit of cash aswell as your choice of pups out of the bitch you've put so much hard work into. Its been said enough times in this thread now, you dont have to pay it
  • Like 1

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dog men don't really sell dogs,well the "dog men" i know don't anyway,they breed for quality when needed and surpluss is gifted out even when good money has been spent on the stud no money is taken fo

that's just the way things have gone mate bundle greedy c**ts fleeceing boy lookin big money for pups f****n con men game full of them

i never charged a penny in my life for a pup always gifted to lads i was hunting with, but it seems by the looks of things theres good money to be made all you hear is 300 500 even heard lately 800 fo

The problem with charging stupid amounts of money for pups is, if these pups dont make the grade then are the owners going to get rid and not breed off them and just cut there loses and start again? Some will and others wont and its a down hill spiral from there. The comment about high prices keeping messers away is a load of bxllxcks it will actually encourage them as where theres money theres always messers. Its what the sellers tell themselves to justify the money making. Atb taggy.

some people saying big money is ok might be trying to justify paying it. I would not pay big money. even so I still think the best blood gives the best man the best chance. and that's not to say he still does not get trough a few to get a gooden . regards two crows.

i'm guessing the big money pups are saluki greyhounds. i can sort of understand that to a point as they are known bloodlines of producing dogs. but lurchers fetching stupid money i dont get at all. seen loads of litters with that many breeds involved its a right lottery what the pups will even look like let alone make in terms of workers. dont help now that lurchers are fashionable at the minute either. too many people are jumping on the money band wagon. but if folk are prepared to shell out its up to them.

having said that, if the new owner dont know what he's doing he aint gonna get the best out of anything, lurcher or longdog

i bred a litter last x mass,11 in all,those that were sold were let go for an average of 75-100 euros,1 pup went to a bloke for 50 euros,1 went to a mate for free,and believe me when I say,I spent some money on food for the lot of them when rearing them up and I had no work and a right wicked wife at the time lol but shes forgiven me now lol..ive also swore i'll never breed again......ever,

• Like 3

The match game, that's what's f####d the cost of coursing pups.

From what I gather on here £500.00 seems to be the starting price for a match, and the biggest I've heard of was £75.000 and that was probably 15 years ago, so if you get a gooden, a proper gooden, it's almost like the duck that lays the Golden eggs.

If you want a gooden, your find one quicker, using proven lines, also a £1000.00 to some men is f##k all, but to someone else it's a fortune.

Edited by slip lead
  • Like 5

So basically if you buy a pup for more than a few hundred quid, then your only doing it for your ego, and the man selling the pups is only in the game for the money?

Nothing to do with top bloodlines producing top animals time and again?. Pedigrees of proven, tested dogs, doing the business for 30/40 years?

There is plenty of people willing to pay up for top pups, which drives the price up. If you can sell them for £500 each or more, you aint going to let them go for £100 each, no matter what anyone says. No one forcing anyone to buy one.

Like I have said, I have never sold a dog or bred a litter so its got nothing to do with making money for me. I can just see why some pups cost more than others.

Plenty of lurcher pups on Gumtree and Facebook for £200, if that's what your into.

Maybe it's just the cheapskate in us myself included that loves a bargin lol, if you pay x amount of pounds for a dog and are happy feeding cleaning up the shite and it puts a smile on your face and makes you happy in the field then price doesn't come into it

You have only to look at greyhounds, some stud dogs projuice more open class puppy's than others.

Some top greyhounds have projuiced none

Also you can get a pup that's come from nothing special turning out a Darby winner.

It's just a mater of doing your home work and a bit of luck.

But you will always be better of using the best bloodlines that YOU can afford.

• Like 2

There, s plenty top coursing dog, s out there with hundreds of pups on the ground produced nothing special .the most I payed for a pup was £100 of p king was coming on well but tradgey struck broke his leg early in his carear ive got alot for nothing an turned out decent at there game. bred a few litters over the years the most I got for them was £30 each most of them were given to mates for FREE.some of the pups I bred were still being worked at 12 years old on fox, s then as the lads werent into coursing but gave them the odd spin at them and they didnt disapoint.