Big Money For Pups

Crorider got to bring it out in a dog doesnt just come with luck lol

i never said its all about luck, far from it. I know so called dog men that could own the best bred pup with all the ability in the world and still f**k it up. Its a dog mans job to bring the best out in a dog. But there's only so far each dog can go. Its pretty obvious really
  • Like 1

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dog men don't really sell dogs,well the "dog men" i know don't anyway,they breed for quality when needed and surpluss is gifted out even when good money has been spent on the stud no money is taken fo

that's just the way things have gone mate bundle greedy c**ts fleeceing boy lookin big money for pups f****n con men game full of them

i never charged a penny in my life for a pup always gifted to lads i was hunting with, but it seems by the looks of things theres good money to be made all you hear is 300 500 even heard lately 800 fo

Maybe morton and northernlite dont understand what i mean about luck. I'm not saying you can fluke bringing a dog to its full potential by coincidence or circumstance. I'm saying the luck part is how much of the parents traits, physical attributes and abilities are passed on to the pup. If you could guarantee the offspring would always take the best from each parent and never throw back to some less desirable traits and attributes then every decent dog man would have kennels full of world beaters

What about dogs from non working parents as in hanncock dogs etc in the right hands turn out decent dogs

agree there mate a dogman can make a bad dog decent, or a bad dog man a decent dog bad all the breeding in the world wont make up for poor man on the end of the lead atb mc

• Like 5

Never bred a litter or sold a dog. So it's got nothing to do with making money for me.

You ain't going to win a grand national with a donkey. Donkeys breed donkeys lol

Like I said something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. So if you have got someone willing to pay £500 your not going to sell them for £200 are you..

• Like 1

Never bred a litter or sold a dog. So it's got nothing to do with making money for me.

You ain't going to win a grand national with a donkey. Donkeys breed donkeys lol

Like I said something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. So if you have got someone willing to pay £500 your not going to sell them for £200 are you..

agree breedings a big part mate but to many think buying a dog of good breeding for big money will make up for there shortcomings in training and conditioning then

blame the dog and passe it on the next year and buy in again atb mc

• Like 2

agree breedings a big part mate but to many think buying a dog of good breeding for big money will make up for there shortcomings in training and conditioning then

Agree. But if you had a pup out of non workers and a pup out of top class proven dogs with generations of competition winners behind them, put the same conditioning and upbringing into them both, what's going to be the better animal come January? Some are worth more than others for a reason

Agree. But if you had a pup out of non workers and a pup out of top class proven dogs with generations of competition winners behind them, put the same conditioning and upbringing into them both, what's going to be the better animal come January? Some are worth more than others for a reason

gotta agree there mate,but what there worth is basically down to egos and buying kudos,ive been gifted good dogs and have and will gift dogs in the future,but theyll still be on the end of my lead next season, i would rather improve my line,than swap and change every year, atb mc

Err, if you don't believe in ridiculous prices for lurcher pups then yes you are..... It's the breeder that dictates the sale value of his litter, no one else!

Some people are interested in particular lines others in various breeds, its the same with cars you can buy o mondeo or you can buy a roller they both get you from A to B but in different manners, A dog will do a job for you if it is brought on in the right way and cared for right some will do it in style others in a workmanship like manner. Some buy a dog to inflate their ego and the bragging rights like i paid x grand for a dog out of so and so or this dog was bred by so and so, no doubt genetics and lines have a part to play but the man on the slip plays a major part the old saying "he could f**k an iron ball up " comes to mind.The only place a dog can show its worth especially a running dog is out on the land, The value placed on a dog is a personal thing, no one is forced to buy one and no one is forced to sell one to me more satisfaction is to bring something along that you have faith in and your own skills and capabilities. These that buy a different coloured dog every season whether a hundred quid or 5 grand dont prove f**k all except their own limitations.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 6

Err, if you don't believe in ridiculous prices for lurcher pups then yes you are..... It's the breeder that dictates the sale value of his litter, no one else!

The breeder can dictate all he wants but that doesn't mean they will sell for his price. Do you think all pups should be the same price?

wxm surely if you wanted the numptys not to get hold of your pups the thing to do is give them to your mates and not let them go anywhere else, problem solved . Sorry boys but imo the people who sell pups do it for for one reason and one reason only and that's to get the cash. Having said that sometimes there are good reasons to sell your pups ie paying towards feeding the rest of your dogs or maintaining your kennals etc but the big money sales are for personal gain which if that's what floats your boat no probs but don't try and justify it as something else eh!!!

• Like 1