Poodle Cross Lurcher

On 07/09/2014 at 09:09, bunnys said:

good luck with thy poodle x rasp poodles been in our family for generations mother grandmother and my daughter keeps them and my wife also has one seen the poodle xs whippet had one has a boy the poodle got across my late farthers whippet bitch greait turned into good little rabbit dog but loved the featherand moorhens coots anything on the water that was the minature poodle xs atb bunnys.

I was searching for a pup on net and came across poodle pups, I contacted breeder and she said her toy poodles go rabbiting, bushing and do better than the sight hounds which wait around outside brablesbrambles etc."bushing" she used to breed beardy x whippets but they are two old now so tried poodles as they have bags of stamana and very brainy compared to other lurcher s, I believe she is well none for deerhounds. 750 a pup is a lot of money for a lurcher but I'd give one ago if I was gifted a pup. They do look handy little things, bit like a Bedlington whippet. Think her kennel is called celtic hounds "atb

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Years ago I used to have one. Dam was 15/16ths greyhound, 1/16th collie, sire was standard poodle. Unfortunately he got killed on the road in pursuit of bambi age 21 months, so never reached his full

Picked this yoke up as a pet for my kid.. 1/2 standard poodle, 1/2 whippet (working whippet) from a accidental mating..  clever wee barsteward.. looks like a lurcher.. paid mutt money for it (€50) hes

Hes nuts for sure, i would say smarter and into more mischeif than any collie ive ever known.. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jerry71 said:

I was searching for a pup on net and came across poodle pups, I contacted breeder and she said her toy poodles go rabbiting, bushing and do better than the sight hounds which wait around outside brablesbrambles etc."bushing" she used to breed beardy x whippets but they are two old now so tried poodles as they have bags of stamana and very brainy compared to other lurcher s, I believe she is well none for deerhounds. 750 a pup is a lot of money for a lurcher but I'd give one ago if I was gifted a pup. They do look handy little things, bit like a Bedlington whippet. Think her kennel is called celtic hounds "atb

Celticmoon hounds and she’s taking the piss with those prices the beardie whippets were £400 plus as well, 

i must be unlucky as the labradoodle I got here is to slow wont face brambles and would jack on a rabbit if it turned an faced it?

• Haha 1
  • 5 weeks later...
On 27/03/2018 at 05:17, Jerry71 said:

Picked this yoke up as a pet for my kid.. 1/2 standard poodle, 1/2 whippet (working whippet) from a accidental mating..  clever wee barsteward.. looks like a lurcher.. paid mutt money for it (€50) hes only about 3mths now so will be interesting to see what he turns out like.. took me a while to come to terms with owning a feckin "whoodle" 

20180411_155355.jpg

• Like 3
On 25 April 2018 at 13:56, Carraghs Gem said:

Picked this yoke up as a pet for my kid.. 1/2 standard poodle, 1/2 whippet (working whippet) from a accidental mating..  clever wee barsteward.. looks like a lurcher.. paid mutt money for it (€50) hes only about 3mths now so will be interesting to see what he turns out like.. took me a while to come to terms with owning a feckin "whoodle" 

20180411_155355.jpg

On 25 April 2018 at 13:56, Carraghs Gem said:

20180411_155355.jpg

Narr it's a Lurcher ,we'd a get drawn I ta those designers names lol  good luck with it .atb bill

• Thanks 1
On 25 April 2018 at 16:08, forest of dean redneck said:

Good luck with it , I wouldnt own another poodle blooded dog it’s like a collie for being nuts and a husky for shedding hair,

if It wasn’t so loyal to me I wouldn’t still have it . 

Sounds like jaz lol 

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Good luck with it , I wouldnt own another poodle blooded dog it’s like a collie for being nuts and a husky for shedding hair,

if It wasn’t so loyal to me I wouldn’t still have it . 

Hes nuts for sure, i would say smarter and into more mischeif than any collie ive ever known.. 

• Like 2