Poodle Cross Lurcher

good luck with thy poodle x rasp poodles been in our family for generations mother grandmother and my daughter keeps them and my wife also has one seen the poodle xs whippet had one has a boy the poodle got across my late farthers whippet bitch greait turned into good little rabbit dog but loved the featherand moorhens coots anything on the water that was the minature poodle xs atb bunnys.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Years ago I used to have one. Dam was 15/16ths greyhound, 1/16th collie, sire was standard poodle. Unfortunately he got killed on the road in pursuit of bambi age 21 months, so never reached his full

Picked this yoke up as a pet for my kid.. 1/2 standard poodle, 1/2 whippet (working whippet) from a accidental mating..  clever wee barsteward.. looks like a lurcher.. paid mutt money for it (€50) hes

Hes nuts for sure, i would say smarter and into more mischeif than any collie ive ever known.. 

Posted Images

Good mate Older Greyer Fatter & Slower. Lost my phone few years back & with it all old contacts. PM me your phone no bud be good to catch up. Hope you K & kids all well. Weird was only talking bout you & your Poodle/lurcher nite before last??!!!hope to hear from u soon. Atb Dunc

It's like Cilla Blacks surprise surprise........ :laugh:

don't know about as a lurcher x, but in pure form a standard poodle a bloody good guard dog .A pub I used years ago had 2 males ,black one and light brown one. The gaffer of the pub said they were good guards, I thought yeh lol until one day me and a mate went for a early pint just before 6pm, we went in bar nobody about to serve a pint. I went behind bar to stairs of the gaffers room, fook me them dogs came down the stairs all teeth+ growling bloody big dogs as well, the owner came down called them off. my sister had one as well that was bit sharp as well, there not as daft as they look .!

I find them quite aloof, not somthing I mind in a dog. Unlike my Bedlington who gets on my tits running up to any stranger we come across.

I know what you mean, my young dog the same loves people+dogs , goes up to either to play with them , bloody big daft thing lol

Good mate Older Greyer Fatter & Slower. Lost my phone few years back & with it all old contacts. PM me your phone no bud be good to catch up. Hope you K & kids all well. Weird was only talking bout you & your Poodle/lurcher nite before last??!!!hope to hear from u soon. Atb Dunc

PM sent - look forward to catching up. ATb

don't know about as a lurcher x, but in pure form a standard poodle a bloody good guard dog .A pub I used years ago had 2 males ,black one and light brown one. The gaffer of the pub said they were good guards, I thought yeh lol until one day me and a mate went for a early pint just before 6pm, we went in bar nobody about to serve a pint. I went behind bar to stairs of the gaffers room, fook me them dogs came down the stairs all teeth+ growling bloody big dogs as well, the owner came down called them off. my sister had one as well that was bit sharp as well, there not as daft as they look .!

I've seen something similar - I was in the car one day badly in need of a leak, so I turned off the road into a quiet lane. Pulled over and unzipped by a hedge and got the fright of my life - the other side of the hedge was a large garden in which 2 standard poodles had suddenly materialised and were going ballistic at me. Nearly had a very unsavoury mess all down the front of my trousers :icon_redface: Woe betide anybody who'd tried to break into that place...

Thanks for all the replys lads , i was asking because i have one , been out of the scene for a number of years and saw an ad for a poodle cross and thought this could be interesting so i went and got one , she's 14 weeks old . Was just looking for any info on the cross so thanks very much, and watch this space I'll keep posting so u know if she's any good

Any pics? Was the poodle a standard or miniature? I've seen a few litters of miniature x whippet advertised over the last few years, but very unusual to come across standard x greyhound. Good luck with her, and I look forward to hearing how she turns out for you.

• 3 years later...
On 07/09/2014 at 14:37, bird said:

Lot to be said for a pint