Interesting thoughts on terriers..

Guest Stevie D

I would say a lot depends on the terriers used and if you can read them or not. I've had terriers bolting 2 and sometimes 3 foxes in quite a short time and I've been sure there has been nowt left in the set. Many times I've been digging and a fox has bolted which hasn't been the one I've been digging to. I can't think of many occasions where I've had separate digs in the same set to FOX. I would be disappointed if my terriers didn't tell me there was another in, even after a longish dig. If I was using a terrier I trusted 100%, I wouldn't try another.

Stevie

i think your touching on two points j d. i'd be dissapointed if the dog didnt want to still go in an occupied earth whatever condition or however long it had been down prior is my opinion on the first but wether or not it was allowed to work again is dependant on the circumstance is the second! :icon_eek: :search:

<_< Depends on the terrier but myself me dogs go to it 2 or 3 in a tube they push right on no baying just nut em had a few tight ones but just dropped another blackie in situation sorted,suppose if youve got suspect dogs your in trouble an i mean dogs that dont mix in a three enviroment,hey we cant win all the time none of us :realmad:

and this coming from the guy that tried to trell me about how hard dogs were no good .... i can see why now .... 3 in a hole :11: :11: :11: ... i am sure he will say ... I DIDNT MEAN THAT WHAT I MEANT WAS .... :D:D:D to f*****g late :11: :11: :11:

I am always a bit dubious about letting a pup run through a recently dug earth, if youhave had game out. The scent can make the pup false mark or bark at scent. (Sometimes early in a season reliable experienced dogs can make this mistake, later in the season doesn't seem to happen as much I find.

I prefer to let them see game behind a spade, then let them in a fresh earth which an experienced dog has marked.

I agree with south west.....some dogs get so wound up no point in letting them in again.

Cheers

Celt