Rigging A Quickset Net

jimmy.jim86

I've got 200 yards of sheet netting and want to rig it up as a quickset. I've put top and bott line in which is 100yrds long. I was wondering when you put your poles how to sett the bagging. When I set my 25 yard nets I counted to meshes and made the equal along but I'm guessing it's going to take an age to count 200 yards worth of meshes. Any advice welcome.

James

Assuming you have the 2 end poles attached and your top and bottom line marked at required pole settings. Pin a pole down flat in a field with 2 spout bolts, walk the net out down the field, when all pulled out flat (taught) pin the other pole down. If set at 5yd spacings (saying this as example) pull the netting taught on the running line at the 10yd mark, mark the mesh with a piece of twine or tape. You would then have the 10 yds of bagging marked for the 5yd pole. Carry on down the net marking the mesh every 10yds. When you get to the other end of the net just walk the last marked mesh down to a pole spacing down at the other (start) end of the net. You can use another spout bolt to peg the marked mesh to the ground next to the pole spacing mark. Then just carry on marking the meshes as before until you have marked all the bagging points. Hope this helps and you can understand this, not best at explaining things.

stopnet021_zps0a1539e3.jpg

stopnet020_zpsebfe100f.jpg

These are the pins I use.

• Like 1

Assuming you have the 2 end poles attached and your top and bottom line marked at required pole settings. Pin a pole down flat in a field with 2 spout bolts, walk the net out down the field, when all pulled out flat (taught) pin the other pole down. If set at 5yd spacings (saying this as example) pull the netting taught on the running line at the 10yd mark, mark the mesh with a piece of twine or tape. You would then have the 10 yds of bagging marked for the 5yd pole. Carry on down the net marking the mesh every 10yds. When you get to the other end of the net just walk the last marked mesh down to a pole spacing down at the other (start) end of the net. You can use another spout bolt to peg the marked mesh to the ground next to the pole spacing mark. Then just carry on marking the meshes as before until you have marked all the bagging points. Hope this helps and you can understand this, not best at explaining things.

stopnet021_zps0a1539e3.jpg

stopnet020_zpsebfe100f.jpg

These are the pins I use.

Yep your finished net with 200yrds would be 100 yrds ie 100% bagging :thumbs: