I've had a trawl through the forum but cant find anything on seasoning wood for cattys

Can any of you natural shooters tell me how long you seasoned the wood for and if theres any special things i need to do or is it a case of cut it and lob it in the shed for a few months?

Thanks

Luke

Cut them over length mate, as they will split a bit, to help with splitting then dip the ends into wax. Remove the bark and hang them......... Or if your in a hurry to make one, then remove the bark, put in microwave for 15 seconds..... Allow to dry.... Then another 15 seconds.... Allow to dry and so on until it's dry through, don't put in for longer than 15 seconds at a time tho, or microwave goes bang ;-)....... Good luck!

Cut them over length mate, as they will split a bit, to help with splitting then dip the ends into wax. Remove the bark and hang them......... Or if your in a hurry to make one, then remove the bark, put in microwave for 15 seconds..... Allow to dry.... Then another 15 seconds.... Allow to dry and so on until it's dry through, don't put in for longer than 15 seconds at a time tho, or microwave goes bang ;-)....... Good luck!

great advice thats exactly what i do

• Like 1

Just take the bark off and leave it in the garage or

In a cool place for a day or 2 the out side will be dry ect but is nice

To work with and just put a nice finish on it so no moisture gets out had mine a year and not split cracked yet

I allas cut em a bit over sized an coat the cut ends with wood glue both with and with out the bark on then i set em aside in a box for the year or even longer ,as i keep a good supply of forks on hand all the time so i always have one er two i can work on,also have cut forks offa dead trees an air dried for a week er two an they work fine also ,but i live in a mountainous -high desert type country so we have very low humigity which helps speed things up imo.