How many of you give your dogs cod liver oil and how often .. also what other oils or supplements are good for lurchers ? And my dogs are already on raw diet before peoole start sayin its the best blah blah lol . Just want to know what others give there mutts . Atb

• Like 1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Engine oil does ok for me

Iv been giving my dogs ultimate oil for the last week ... I should see if it works in the next month or so ........  

How many of you give your dogs cod liver oil and how often .. also what other oils or supplements are good for lurchers ? And my dogs are already on raw diet before peoole start sayin its the best bla

I do mate,

I mix it all up in a bucket. About 3kg meat, bit of pasta, veg, brown bread bits of offal, heart, liver etc and about 40ml of cod liver oil unless I put mackerel in with it all.

I don't know if that's enough or too much oil to be honest but I'm sure it can't be bad for them.

How much do you use pal?

codliver oil a cap full 3 times a week £15 quid a gallon out farm feeds... that a feed between 3 dogs

That's good, I paid 26 quid and when I looked at the ingredients, it's not even cod liver oil, it's mainly rapeseed oil! Is that right????

codliver oil a cap full 3 times a week £15 quid a gallon out farm feeds... that a feed between 3 dogs

That's good, I paid 26 quid and when I looked at the ingredients, it's not even cod liver oil, it's mainly rapeseed oil! Is that right????

that the price any the horsey men will put you on to a supplier

if you are feeding mainly meat veg brown bread to get a balanced diet you need to feed vitmin E and calcium codliver oil 3 times week

you need the vit E for muscle you need the calcium for bone you cant get enough calcium from feeding bones its easy to find out if your diet is working for your dog go have a full blood profile done

I only have the one pooch so cost not that much. I give a tablespoonful with his morning feed every day. I just get the three for two offer from tesco. I think his coat is in better nick since I used it but I mainly use it to look after his joints for when he gets older.

if you are feeding mainly meat veg brown bread to get a balanced diet you need to feed vitmin E and calcium codliver oil 3 times week

you need the vit E for muscle you need the calcium for bone you cant get enough calcium from feeding bones its easy to find out if your diet is working for your dog go have a full blood profile done

Cheers mate,

They get gain and chicken carcasses aswell though. Do you think they still need the vitamin e and calcium? And where do you get it please?

They sell greyhound vitamins in a local pet shop in powder form, is this what I want? Can't think what it's called, think it might begin with G or something though!