My Terrier Attacked By 2 Staffs

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Each to their own but dont sit right with me that.........not sure i could call for a dogs death just because its owner f****d up.

Putting down a Stafford for attacking a dog is sort of like culling a greyhound because it wanted to run. That said most are so far away from working dogs I'm not sure that can be used. Owner knew the

Come on mate you are a dog owner on a hunting forum.........................thats the sort of shit id expect to read in the News of the World !

At least he's paying for it all and getting rid of the dogs,I've never had anything that bad happen but when ones gone for mine it's got battered and the owners argued with me or on one occasion called the police on me.

hope the terrier recovers well.

Putting down a Stafford for attacking a dog is sort of like culling a greyhound because it wanted to run. That said most are so far away from working dogs I'm not sure that can be used. Owner knew the dogs was aggressive, they should have been kept on the lead. With an owner that stupid what chance did the dogs have. Hope your dog recovers and the idiot owner doesn't rush out and get another dog :).

• Like 3

Hope your terrier is OK mate.

My Collie got attacked by a staffie when my mom was walking her for me earlier this year, and the tracksuited chav scumbag owner just grabbed the staff & legged it, leaving my mom in the woods, 2 miles from home with my bleeding & screaming collie and her cocker which was going mental. Cost a couple hundred at the vets to get her seen to & sewn up, but as the scrote legged it, I've had to pay it. Damn thing needs a bullet.

Always ideal to carry something sturdy enough to put a stop to any messing about. You gave to round here, there are loads of mental dogs!

Some bull types will just bite harder the more you thrash them. doesn't matter how sturdy the stick or whatever. A good knowledge of how to break a bull breed off, helps a whole lot. Sad i know but the amount of bull types floating about now means at some time or other you are going to come into some sort of contact. A second or 2 is all it should really take and thus saves one hell of a vet bill. :thumbs:

Edited to add...i hope your Mother is ok mate and not too distressed about the whole thing and hope the tyke makes a speedy recovery

• Like 2

A good knowledge of how to break a bull breed off, helps a whole lot. Sad i know but the amount of bull types floating about now means at some time or other you are going to come into some sort of contact. A second or 2 is all it should really take and thus saves one hell of a vet bill. :thumbs:

Sad but true..............ive been around some rehoming centres last few days i was absolutely staggered by the amount of Staffs and crosses virtually 80% of dogs had bull of some sort in them.

All I can say is that I must have been very very lucky with my old staff, but then when out walking he was always on a lead, being controlled. When I used to exercise him, he would stay on the lead until I deemed it OK to release him. This was not because he was aggressive, but because other owners would let their dogs do as they pleased, and NO dog is 100% predictable. If an unleashed dog started to head towards mine, I would call mine back to the lead and shout to the owners to call thier dog. Had a few rows with irresponsible owners.

Simple solution is if you have an aggressive dog try not to walk it where others walk their dog. Keep your dog on the lead and keep a break stick handy. If the bloke hasn't got enough common sense to keep his aggressive dogs on the lead when they have attacked before then he doesn't deserve the dogs. Have had 2 Staffords in the past which was dog aggressive but both used to get roughed up by this old woman's jack Russell's lol. Put it down to the dogs just being confident in themselves.

Is always gonna be idiot dog owners owning all breeds of dog. Best thing to do is try an educate people until a better system comes in which forces them to have better control of their dogs imo.