.22 None Believers

Hi

My HW100kt .177 is away at the moment at XTX AIR to have the anti tamp taken out , so I have gone back to my trusted HW100kt .22.

for day time use .

Went to my new permission late yesterday evening , only had about hour of daylight left , so had a look a round the fields to find rabbits all over the place.

Found a nice spot to shoot from off the knee as this is my favourite shooting stance , by this time only had 1/2 hour of day light left so waited 5 mins for the to come back out .

Shot these five in 25 mins ranging from 36 yards to 53 yards, so you none .22 believers who think .22 is no good after 35 yards need to think again !!

P1020391_zpse7ec3d6d.jpg

• Like 9

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi My HW100kt .177 is away at the moment at XTX AIR to have the anti tamp taken out , so I have gone back to my trusted HW100kt .22. for day time use . Went to my new permission late yesterday eve

ive been shooting 40 yrs + and ive never owned a 1.77 lads always had .22 and like has been said -as long as your quarry is dispatched quickly & humanely calibre shouldnt matter learning to j

Only 30 years dr bob Vm and Big Mac 40 + years Fec me then boys I AM THE DADDY lol And by the way as vm has said its a bit of banter , it would be a sad world if we couldn't take the piss out of

Nice shooting VM, looks like you've got enough there for quite a few portions of Rabbit Stefado and Rabbit with Cider and Mustard Casserole. :thumbs:

I must admit I only usually shoot up to 45 yards, but did take a rabbit last year at 65 yards, clean headshot. Only took it because I had shot at a mark on the large tree about 2 yards behind where the bunny appeared, and all I did was re-aim at the mark and count off the mildots for holdover and windage to where the pellet hole in the bark was.. with my HW100 .22 btw. Once you know your hold overs, they are a pleasure to use.

I will shortly be acquiring a Air Arms S410 classic in .177 so will be able to compare them. S410 needs a bit of work, and has a part missing but am looking forward to fettling it.

• Like 2

Its not 22 or 177 for me its 550 ft per sec or 820 ft per sec whats better .If a big heavy slow pellet was the way to go .25 would be king .I would like to see a smaller caliber than 177 so 850 ft per sec was easy to achieve and the pellet would have a very good B.C long range accuracy would be fantastic with a gun well under 12 ft lbs .

• Like 2

Its not 22 or 177 for me its 550 ft per sec or 820 ft per sec whats better .If a big heavy slow pellet was the way to go .25 would be king .I would like to see a smaller caliber than 177 so 850 ft per sec was easy to achieve and the pellet would have a very good B.C long range accuracy would be fantastic with a gun well under 12 ft lbs .

Pax has tried small and lighter - Does not have the Stopping power of .177

.177 is Flater than .22

Majority of Targets are Shot with .177 - so Shooters are better aware of pellets capablity -

BOB/R

• 5 months later...

Great shooitng and yes, .22 rocks!

I think the engineering of the guns and ammo has become so good these days, that there is little to choose between them. Shoot what you use the best, what suits your style of shooting best, and lets all enjoy the sport.

I've just ordered another new .22 (another AA S410, but a classic this time with thumbhole stock). So that will be three ,22s for me including a spirnger. If I do get another gun in the future, I'd have no issue with trying a .177. If you get a nice heavy pellet in a .177, they can be devasting in the right hands. Get a good med-weight pellet in a .22, same story. Both require practice! Truth is, get to know your set up, your guns trajectory, best pellet, mill-dot compensation at different magnifications, etc. Get 20mm groupings at 25-30yds and you're good to go.

PS - let me know what the tune-up is like, been thinking of treating myself.....I've heard very good things.

Edited by Dr B

I was giving generic advice, not spouting off my ability. So give me a break.,......

Yes, I can do pellet on pellet when sitting or prone - but my accuracy was not the point.

My freezer can atest my accuracy with a single .22 round out to 35yards thank you. But I dont think its good advice telling others to be sooooooo good before they start to enjoy the sport. 20mm groupings are smaller than a 2p peice, and good enough for bunny head shots at those distances. Fact

• Like 1