grey squirell

hi folks.

has anyone got any tips for this winter about what are the best place to find grey squirell's. im not to up on how they live and in what trees its best to find them, but i fancy spending a few days this winter stalking them and any tips would be great.

thanks for the help!!!

Greys are very adaptable and will thrive in both rural and urban environments. I take it from your post you are after the rural squirrels for shooting with an airrifle?! They are in most woods, favouring broadleaf trees such as oak, beech and their favourite hazel. try baiting up an open space for a few days somewhere you can get a decent and safe shot in, . I use monkey nuts or indian corn to tempt them into the open or to traps. Walking around woods you will be able to see signs of squirrel once you know what you are looking for. Its a great time now to start shooting them They are collecting the plentiful acorns etc for the winter and you shouldnt come across any pregnant or young at this time.

If youve got a shottie drey poking is great fun. 1 man pokes the drey with a long pole , the other shoots as they come out. Mega fun if your careful.

Edited by trappa

i was going to shhot them with my shotgun. i have that and a .22lr and i wouldnt be comfortable using the rifle incase of a ricochete. so it broad leave trees iv got to go and search for them. i know just the place..... whats the bets i go in and somewhon hears a shot and i get reported for deer hunting! it would probobly happen me!