Fao Rabbit Hunter

talking about em braking I bought one last season from bulldog & broke it in the first wk,it cracked straight down the middle of the blade & after shipping it was nearly £80. Didn't I get some stick for spending that much but I didn't really look at price till the invoice came wi the shovel. So I definitely wouldn't recommend bulldogs stuff anymore. Seems like they don't make anything to last these days .how did folkes get on wi flying foxes shovels? Any good?

Found a good shovel at £20 plus £8 postage from Ken Taylor supplies 01706 643 167. Made by Carter Shovels. Have a look on (richardcarterltd.co.uk). All steel round mouth shovel with treads. Product number is GENSSMY. Looks good and solid but will test it out from October onwards. We also broke a Silverline shovel last year so have been looking for something a bit more solid. Cheers.

We got some silverline spades to try at work last winter and broke 3 in a week I wouldn't want to rely on one of them to get my dog/ferret out with.

I have used the same silverline roundmouth and graft for near 5 seasons although the round mouth gets smaller every year it has nevr cracked ....so what would you recommend gnipper?

I went for something it the middle I wanted all steel and the choices were silverline the blue ones these spear & jackson or the bulldog ones .

I was looking at 2 2 peice from flyingfox but heard mixed reviews about some snapping and the head being small but I think he has now changed to a bigger head on it so would like to here from people who have them

see the water board or electric boys when there digging up the road give them a drink and you ll end up with some decent gear

must be generous lads around your way topper, the insulated tools are pricey bits of kit they are like gold if you do any sort of groundworks, they are fairly heavy aswell compared to your every day kit :thumbs:

cheers all, my best shovels are from the a waterboard & great in stone,had mine 9 seasons now & although its head is a bit smaller its still my favourite.ideal in Cotswold stone. Also still using a spear & Jackson in soil,& that's lasted 5 seasons wi a bit of looking after.cheers for a helpfull thread. Have a good season all.

We got some silverline spades to try at work last winter and broke 3 in a week I wouldn't want to rely on one of them to get my dog/ferret out with.

I have used the same silverline roundmouth and graft for near 5 seasons although the round mouth gets smaller every year it has nevr cracked ....so what would you recommend gnipper?
They must have made them better when you bought your ones then mate, the ones we got all snapped where the handle meets the blade but our mechanic welded them back on and reinforced them. The best spades I've used are old bulldog heads on a steel handle knocked up by the smithy. We've broke plenty of the new bulldogs too but they are better than most.
  • Like 2

I think that the silverline must be made less superior now a days as im not the smallest lad thats dug a hole and can give a spade some stick and some of the spots up here especially on a certain place are not the easiest digging and I cannot see how these spades could break ...if its realy tough were using the heavy bar or graft any way ...

give a spade some stick ......thats sounds like one of WILFs sexually fantasys