ive a 5/8 3/8 bullx pup nearly 3months old ive just noticed a few days ago that her front legs are starting to bow/bend not real bad but still noticable ive read up and think it may be rickets which says its down to bad feeding im feeding the pup a puppy complete nuts iamms puppy but have changed to beta puppy i feed her 3 times a day plus she gets 1lb of minced chicken carcuss mixed in with the puppy food during the 3 seperate feeds ive started giving her a few calicum tablets as well anyone any orther help/advice what to feed/do pup seems healthy enough and plenty of life in her and showing no pain

You could actually be feeding to much calcium,

to much can cause symptoms like rickets plus other bone problems, the chicken carcases

will be high in calcium.

http://www.merckmanuals.com/pethealth/dog_disorders_and_diseases/bone_joint_and_muscle_disorders_of_dogs/disorders_associated_with_calcium_phosphorus_and_vitamin_d_in_dogs.html#v3205200

took the pup to the vet he said the minced chicken carcuss/necks are causing to much phosphorus, in the dog he said cut the meat out and just fed a good quailty pup feed even mix a small ammount of tinned dog food in it just to get the pup eating it and 2 calcium tablets a day and i should see the pup as good as new in a couple of weeks then once its back to normal i can get the pup back on the minced chicken and everything will b fine :thumbs:

Edited by springer

If its the chicken thats causeing it, then wouldn't putting the pup back on it once its right just cause it to happen again? Personally I would just leave it out or give just small amounts untill the pup is fully grown, you want to pup to grow slow and stedy that way theres less chance of bone and joint problems when the dogs older.