Sign in to follow this  
kps1979

Finally Here!

Well after a long wait my bitch has had a litter of 6 pups, 4 bitches 2 dogs, my bitch is a 3/4 border 1/4 pat and the sire is a kc whippet owned by my friend, 2 pups are grizzle in colour and the rest are a chocolate type of colour at the moment, thankfully my bitch is very maternal and doing ok feeding etc, both parents work cover well and catch a few so I'm looking forward to bringing my pup on! null_zps4cb060c2.jpgnull_zpsbe6258db.jpgnull_zpsb6a0b2f7.jpgnull_zpsd58990f6.png

• Like 6

I am sure someone off here had a similar litter of whirriers and they were saying that folk couldn't buy them quick enough in fact after they were all sold he was still getting loads of people ringing looking to buy a pup so they should sell like hot cakes anyways good luck and hope all goes well atb daywalker.

• Like 1

I've fancied this cross a while now, my bitch is a decent ferreting and bushing dog and so is the sire, they won't be no world beaters but I'm sure I'll get plenty of enjoyment bringing a pup on, 2012-10-04150614.jpg

Edited by kps1979
  • Like 2

They look big pups! If you have half as much fun with them as I have with mine you'll be happy :laugh: Little rocket-fuelled dogs with drive and common sense all in one package.

I never thought she would have six.. I had her scanned and got told there was 3, skycat, I've always liked the look of cricket he's like a mini lurcher hopefully one of these bitches will turn out a racey little thing, it won't be easy picking one!

mate had a jack cross whippet 30 odd years ago one of the best little bushing dogs I had the pleasure to go hunting with he marked holes worked any cover good luck with the one you keep back :thumbs:

• Like 1

ive seen a fair number of beddy/whippets work but also a couple of mixed terrier types cross whippet work. A lad i knew in the 80s had 2 he used to ferret work railway embankments scrubland woodland etc good little marking and mooching dogs they served him well for the work he did with them :yes: Good luck with your pups. :thumbs:

• Like 1