What Am I Doing Wrong

In the past 5 years I've reared 4 lurcher pups with the intention of using them on foxes. Everyone of them hasn't made the grade and all where from single handed parents. Never entered them too early and always entered them alongside an experienced dog for the first 4 or 5 goes. 1 pup who was 3/4 greyhound collie just barked its head of at them. Another was a deerhound bull x he showed great potential with another dog took teeth and never bothered him in the slightest but wouldn't do them single handed just ran them till they got away. The last two where brother and sister they where 9/16 greyhound 7/16 bull probably the best bred pups I'll likely ever get hold of but the bitch has no interest whatsoever apart from rabbits the dog dances round foxes nipping and barking at them. They are 18 months old. What am I doing wrong.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Try a first cross Beddy/grey or Wheaton/grey..

4 dogs in 5years......not all dogs wanna get involved with such things at 12months old. Let em grow up and maybe get behind a few rabbits. Some will some wont, it dosnt make your cock any bigger if th

You can only question the dog you bred yourself, buying in pups from so called single handed fox dogs that you cant prove,, it takes a special kind of dog with heart to take regular foxes season after

4 dogs in 5years......not all dogs wanna get involved with such things at 12months old. Let em grow up and maybe get behind a few rabbits. Some will some wont, it dosnt make your cock any bigger if they do!.

Cheers, matt.

P.s. If it's only foxes you want get a .243

• Like 4