Guest Ditch_Shitter

:hmm: Why would ye need the Tuff's, mate? Personally, I use the straight AF and find them fine. I could probably far easier write ye up a f*cking great list of Boxes I can't stand than ones I like though!

Congratulations on the Contract, by the way. I do trust ye charging a rate that'll make it worth ye getting out of bed?

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Ok, Rick, here's what I'd want to do, mate: If it's an indoor area, I'd use straight AF's. I'd also have it writen into my terms that the management of the place were responsible for their staff and visitors treatment of my Boxes. I.e; No b*stard's allowed to remove or tamper with them. If they go? The factory replaces them.

But, if ye need to set down beside a goods road, eg. where there's a passing chance of a vehicle running over one? There I'd use the steel jobs made in Sussex. Name escapes me at this minute and I'm too rushed to go and look it up. But those things are bomb proof. Cost a bit, but ye have them for life and shouldn't need many. Anyway, all that should have been considered and priced for :rolleyes:

See, bottom line is ~ with me anyway ~ it's either a standard box or else a fort knox box. If ye feel ye need to be safe? Use a 'Safe'. I don't use Tuff's because I don't want to HOPE no idiot with steelies can kick it enough to split it open. I want to KNOW he can't. And round the back of the goods yard, where they sling the broken down stuff and old pallets is just the sort of area the more educationally challenged type of factory worker is liable to end up. Picking his nose and eyeing that secluded box. Be ready for Mr Neanderthal in toe caps!

Hello folks,

I'v just secured a contract at a local factory and need to buy some bait box's, trouble is i'm not sure what ones to get !

I like the look of the AF TUFF RAT BOX but dont like the price :doh:

so i thought i'd ask the pro's wich box's are value for money ?

IMHO, Value for money wise the SX Multiguard from Essex Enviromental are as good as any, £48+vat for 10, and they're what I use in 9 cases out of 10, but like Ditch says if it's high traffic, use steel. If you do a risk assessment which you will do, even if it is a mental one, not written, and it calls for steel boxes then you should use them, otherwise you will be leaving yourself open to prosecution if non target species get poisoned from a smashed/broken bait box.

Edited by proper job

Prefer AFs myself You will need tufs if the general public have access,and If your just starting out try and stick to the same manufacturer otherwise you will be walking about with a bunch of keys like a jalior,whatever you need or want try and put it in with your quote (be sensible profesional and competetive).

Prefer AFs myself You will need tufs if the general public have access,and If your just starting out try and stick to the same manufacturer otherwise you will be walking about with a bunch of keys like a jalior,whatever you need or want try and put it in with your quote (be sensible profesional and competetive).

:thumbs:

I rate the standard AF rat box very highly. They dont gather water, you can use traps, drinkers, trays and an amazing 16 contrac blocks in them.

To stop them getting nicked, either fix a screw through the base into the ground, or anchor them using steel cable. KG do the cable and crimps.

If you need a high security option, try the Ultra bait made by ratpack, and available through all the leading suppliers. We charge £45 each for these, the equivilent (but not as good) from anotheR company sell to customers for upto £165 each (so I am reliably informed).

Whatever you choose to use, site it well, and it will pay for itself in no time. The main reason I like the AF is its versitility, I used to rate the rogaurd from Network, but the locks foul up too easily.

I would use AF boxes (secured) and if they are damaged, or nicked, go back to the customer and ask them to cough up for more secure boxes. Dont forget, the new labelling restrictions and BPD will effectively mean the end of routine perimeter baiting.

Good luck.

HI

I USE THE STANDARD BLACK AF BOXES NO PROBLEMS AT ALL AND NICE AND CHEAP

YOU WONT GO FAR WRONG .TOP AND BOTTOM IS IF THEY WANT TO TAKE THEM THEY WILL, OR INDEED DAMAGE THEM BUT AS STATED MAKE A CLAUSE THAT IF THEY ARE DAMAGED OR STOLEN

THEN ITS DOWN TO THEM TO REPLACE THEM .

GOOD LUCK WITH THE WORK

REGARDS T3