• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great days and the old motor bike battery acid rotting holes in all your clothes. As a kid before I had a lurcher the first time I went for a walk at night just to see what I could see I actually used

Just got my new 170 variable tracer with a 22ah lithium in the post to day might have a hour out with the pup tonight if this wind keeps up

170 striker hid 22amp lithium battery

Ultrafire 1600lm cree zoomable. About 20 quid with charger + batteries

Have you got a link for that please Conner? I wouldn't mind one meself.
I can't get a link as I use the app, but it's sold by 'bgood2010' £7.99 for the torch. 5 modes and small, the larger non zoomable ones light up the whole field.

And the battery charger are about £14 with 4 18650 batteries. Can't remember where I got mine just make sure it's a uk seller cos there's loads of fake shite from china

edited to add- hold the switch down for 5seconds to keep it on the same mode

Edited by connerdaboss

Oil

Does this actually work on rabbits? What the battery life like? Seems to good to be true...

I can't compare it to a lamp as I haven't seen on in use, but it's more then capable to light up a rabbit (bit of light around it, but doesn't light up the field). MUCH brighter then regular torches

Battery lasts a fair while you need a spare battery or two for a long night out.

Overall good for beginners or as a spare, but a lamp would be a better option.

I think "beginners" should get the very best lamping kit they can afford. Two reasons for this; if their kit isn't good enough, they will loose heart and interest when they aren't catching anything, secondly, if they get the bug, the cheap kit will be ditched and they'll go for better gear, and it will end up more expensive than buying the right kit in the first place !

I can't get a link as I use the app, but it's sold by 'bgood2010' £7.99 for the torch. 5 modes and small, the larger non zoomable ones light up the whole field.

And the battery charger are about £14 with 4 18650 batteries. Can't remember where I got mine just make sure it's a uk seller cos there's loads of fake shite from china

Be careful with them batteries......if there cheap ones and it's a none too good charger it can be a deadly combination, especially if the torch uses 2 batteries, if it only uses one battery less chance of an explosion, but if it's only one battery it'll be no where near 1600 lumens..... It's a sales ploy.

Be careful with them batteries......if there cheap ones and it's a none too good charger it can be a deadly combination, especially if the torch uses 2 batteries, if it only uses one battery less chance of an explosion, but if it's only one battery it'll be no where near 1600 lumens..... It's a sales ploy.

If it's pitch these are good out to about 100m, so okay for small fields. If you buy a torch + batteries package for about 20 notes I'd guess the batteries might not be among best you can buy. Some info here on 18650s;

http://www.torchythebatteryboy.com/p/18650-batteries-chargers.html?m=1

I've 'upgraded' my batteries & charger (not got them yet) so hopefully they'll make a difference.

Gone smaller, this year i will be mostly wearing the clulite clubman.

Have you used it yet Buster? If so, are you pleased with it? I bought a pistol grip Clulite last year but ended up returning it as I wasn't that impressed with it.

Gone smaller, this year i will be mostly wearing the clulite clubman.

Have you used it yet Buster? If so, are you pleased with it? I bought a pistol grip Clulite last year but ended up returning it as I wasn't that impressed with it.

Yes mate i had a dabble sunday night while the wind was up, i can see farther than i need to, TBH more than a few hundred yrds is wasted on me and the rabbit hound, if they'r too far away i,ll get em on the way back, mines the LA4 i believe, good reliable lamp, my mates had one for years, plus it has the gate lamp on it, highly recomended mate, i also have a 170 as back up, atb, buster.

Edited by buster gonads