Land Wanted For Ferrets ,air Riffle, Yorkshire

charlie caller.....for your stuborn and little brains in that skull of yours,i have been knocking,just think u was like me once upon a time,so wind your neck in and if u havent anything good to say ,then dont say anything,

charlie caller.....for your stuborn and little brains in that skull of yours,i have been knocking,just think u was like me once upon a time,so wind your neck in and if u havent anything good to say ,then dont say anything,

All CC is saying is what we are all thinking we've been on here a while and like to think we have added alot to the site. And never ask for anything for free or in return.

Then we get new chaps who don't add a great deal and within the first 10 posts are selling stuff or asking for land handouts.

Your clearly struggling with land and so is many other members who have been on here a long time mate.

Atb

Dan

• Like 1

Ive done the same thing ive asked on here and really not got anywhere and as dan says alot are in the same boat, ive been asking s few old lads in the pub and knocking on doors and ive just picked up a few acres ideal for ferreting

Atb

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I do apologise for not replying sooner old chap, but I have been too busy out shooting, I think after much confusion and translation from local idiots, who may be able to understand your garbled scribblings, I think you are trying to suggest that I was like you once? Look I genuinely feel sorry for you if you have no land to shoot on, but coming on a hunting site, after a measly few posts, and asking for permission on other peoples hard won land, is not the way to go about things, true, if you dont ask you dont get, but the HL is not populated by farmers/landowners looking for people to shoot on their land, it is full of people, probably many like you dreaming of the day they have their own shooting, when I started shooting there was no such thing as the internet, so the only option for me and other lads was to go and seek it out, how many doors have you knocked on?Come on be honest, a few in the local area maybe? there are lots of ways to get shooting/ferreting other than just cold calling at farmers houses, have you offered to beat on the local shoot, this will put you in contact with lots of shooting men, and the keeper may let you do some pest control, have you tried stables, nurseries,fruit growers, farmers markets and the boozer after can be a good place to pick up shooting, I dont know if you have your own transport, but if not club in for fuel with some shooting pal who has a car, and get out for the day, dont go in cammo, dress smart, and be polite, think outside the box and go to a new area, and ask absolutely everywhere, dont be scared to ask, they can only say no,dont just ask if you can shoot, apply a bit of craft in what you are saying, you and your mate are offering a bit of work maybe in repayment for shooting, you will get tons of knock backs, you really will, but if you persevere, you WILL get some shooting, and once you have one area, very often others open up too, I have gained shooting permission in some of the strangest situations, but always be ready to ask, good luck lad, and keep trying, oh and take a bottle of malt with you, as a thankyou to the first one that says yes, it will pay for itself a hundred times.

• Like 7