Starting A Lurcher Lamping

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have never seen the point of taking a pup to WATCH another dog working ... They are not monkeys as in monkey see monkey do ... In my experience all it does is get the dog wound up and excited then f

My old dog was ready at 9 months you could just tell. This pup I've got now is approaching 12 months and he would catch easy but another month everything will be baled and the ground will be softer so

I'm not sure exactly, but both his parents are good working dogs so if I put in the time he should turn out a good dog hopefully. I was lucky enough to have him for nothing from my uncle, thanks for t

Posted Images

I have never seen the point of taking a pup to WATCH another dog working ... They are not monkeys as in monkey see monkey do ... In my experience all it does is get the dog wound up and excited then frustrated because it hasn't had a run itself ... When the pup is mature enough both physically and mentally get it out on its own .... Pic a night that's spot on ... Go to a place that's got plenty of rabbits ... Get one or two easy catches to build up its confidence and leave it at that ... As time goes on and the dog gets more mature and catches become easier then up the amount of rabbits you allow the dog to catch ... In a few months the dog should have clicked to the game and away you go .........

Honestly, taking my bitch out with her mother could'nt have worked out better, watched the first couple of runs, then ran a couple with her mother, then a go on her own, i will say she was well trained and capable before we went though, it worked a treat. I still take her with her mother from time to time.

It will Meeks, just dont over complicate things, you,d think it was Rocket science or some dark art the way people go on, its a dog chaceing rabbits with the help of a lamp, its harder to stop them doing it, good luck with the dog, buster.

PS has any body got a spare filter to sell for a Clulite Clubman, can swop for a 170 one :laugh: .

Edited by buster gonads
  • Like 2

It will Meeks, just dont over complicate things, you,d think it was Rocket science or some dark art the way people go on, its a dog chaceing rabbits with the help of a lamp, its harder to stop them doing it, good luck with the dog, buster.

PS has any body got a spare filter to sell for a Clulite Clubman, can swop for a 170 one :laugh: .

lol well said easiest thing for a dog to do

Should be fine,he's had a few young ones during the summer and a fair few mixy when we've been out so looking forward to getting him out on the lamp.and getting some extra peace from the wife of course haha