Whats these Rotex R8's like? Anyone used, got one?

Quite like them, just held one at local shop. Fits nice. Stocks a bit of a car crash from the side, but makes up for it when being held.

Cheap. I hope this isn't a bad sign.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't pay any attention to a magazine review dean mate, it'll be the usual "oh you must own this, it's the best rifle ever etc"   Not knocking the rifle, I'd just wait until someone who isn't

I have an 850 Hämmerli Airmagnum, and I can`t tell the difference betwen the R8 and it except it is PCP and not CO2..and the 850 is a very good gun..

Heres a newer vid with more testing hope you enjoy it .

I'm quite interested in one of these myself mate, especially since getting a LGV, which is quite frankly the nicest springer I've shot, especially when you consider try come like that out of the box. The reason the r8's cheap is because armex are keeping their profit margin down, so you should be getting a top pcp for the price of a much lesser one, although the proof will be in the shooting. Really looking forwards to some real world reviews, as opposed to the usual press gushings.

• Like 1

Hi all been looking at this myslef since i heard about it ,info below which i got off some one on facebook .

Welsh willy has one and has been testing it .
He put on a bigger bolt handle .
The rifle had a 3 fps spread over the chrono he found it accurate and the trigger was very good for a one stage.
He said the bluing was superb very deep and black like an air arms
And 180 full power shots from a fill.
The mag system worked perfectly
The stock looks and handles very well the pictures don't do it justice till you handle one
It sounds like it could be a good buy.

Heres my info passed on about it .

Been Shooting the R8 and I have to say its a very nice handling rifle, short and very pointable, the trigger feels great even tho it is a single stage unit, a damn site better than a lot of guns
costing more. The blueing on the one I have here is superb, it has a deeeeep black blue colour. the Mineli stock is nicely finished with good grip chequering, until you actually hold a R8 you don't realise how nice it actually is.

The magazine works perfectly, it cycles every time, I fired off 10 mags without fault, Walther have decided to fit a manual safety instead of a auto safety which isn't a bad thing tbh. The muzzle
has a nice 1/2 inch UNF thread neatly hidden away under the knurled thread protector, I fitted a Swift Stumpy silencer to it and all i could hear was the pellet hitting the target..

I fitted a larger cocking bolt to mine as I find the original a little small for my own taste.

Don't knock it until you try it its very good value for money, this rifle will get a lot of the big boys looking over their shoulder..

Hope this helps you .

• Like 1

Getting one :)

Yeah, I can kinda see all the points mentioned just from the 5 mins I spent with it. Unsure why, but the fact it caters for a lefty is great. I do like the new R10 super carbine, but cost and, I think no ambi version is annoying. This reminds me of one. It's does look ok, the chunky fore end is a delight to hold. Mrs says the same thing. The bolt action also looks and feels the bomb, like a raider in a way.

Hardly any reviews online at the moment. Tempted.

I wouldn't pay any attention to a magazine review dean mate, it'll be the usual "oh you must own this, it's the best rifle ever etc"

Not knocking the rifle, I'd just wait until someone who isn't paid to review it favourably does one

• Like 2

Indeed. I managed to download the iPad version of Airgun Shooter last night for a sneak peak and they literally just described what it had built into it. Everything sounded OK. Ill get some screen grabs taken and uploaded when I get home.

The only thing that really did put me off [and it is rather major] is the trigger is plastic as well as the guard and @ 1 stage. I think the latest spring rifles from Walther seem to be fine, but its in the area where perhaps finesse isn't "as needed"... if you know what I mean. The PCP might have traits of the spring rifles but is this a good thing? Other than performance of course of which they seem to be fine.

A contender for the 200, Ultra etc at the price, but Id go for a brand with quality of build and that has proved itself in the PCP market. No doubt it'll put in 1/2" groups out to 30 but... I dunno. Its there first one, there will be teething problems.

Not really for me as much as I hate to say it.

I've never known a Magazine slate a gun of any kind on a review there always fine, it's bad for business, magazine needs money from advertising,etc Better to wait and hear a true review from somebody who owns one . Jmo

Edited by MickC

Right ive took the plunge and got one on its way should be here for Wednesday the 27th August ,got it for £375.00 from SFS .Was talking to one of the chaps in the shop and he said he took one out and tested it on a crono ,5 shots all measured the same reading he then went on saying it was anice rifle to shoot .

Now on the research ive done on the 850 magnum every person has said that is a very nice rifle to shoot even though its co2 ,so being as the R8 is nearly the same and being pcp i decided to get one .

Once ive got it ill put it through its paces and let you know what i think along with some pic .

Oh and or how do i put pics on here please .

You do that. I was quite interested to be honest, but feel having got real used to the rekord trigger the plastic unit may be a disappointment. However, I'll reserve judgement until your feedback maybe. Not that you'll say its wank, you've just splashed out nearly 400 beans for it :)