Anyone Interested In A Drahtar

Is anyone interested in an imported German wire haired, (drahtar) the dog is 3 in dec has passed ALL the German tests VJP,HZP,VGP and competed in the German hegewald and gained a score of 219. He has been tested for hip dysplasia and the canine ocd and is micro chipped. He has reams of paperwork proving all this and to be perfectly frank is an absolute machine of a dog.

Now you ask so why is he on the transfer list!!, The reason is that I have a small gun pack and keep terriers, I bought the dog to be an all round addition to my little outfit to do everything I do now and also use for the small amount of rough shooting I do. What I have is a highly trained pointing machine that is to be honest a complete waste in my hands as its like having a trial collie to put your hens in at night. He is also a dominant dog who is ok with dogs aslong as they are happy to let something else be top dog this as you can imagine doesn't happen often when you keep terriers and even hounds and when hes in the back of the van or yard as soon as something doesn't submit we have a scuffle. Don't get me wrong he stops as soon as hes told to but as you'd expect everything now hates him with a vengeance and he has to travel alone or with bitches/submissive dogs. (ive got mainly welsh doghounds!!!!!). Hes ok when hes out with other dogs working etc but I think He'd be more suited to someone who wants to use him as a gundog or with birds of prey as that is what he seems to excel in

This being the case a friend of mine ran him on to use him for shooting on the estate where he picks up etc, He raves about how good the dog is and says he does absolutely everything you could wish for. His circumstances at home have recently changed and ive had to have the dog back.

I got the dog through a friend who was owed a favour by the person bringing it over hence what seems like a discounted price , although it didn't seem like that at the time!! I paid £2480 for him .I'm told that he is worth twice that with everything he's done. I am trying to do the best by the dog who should be used for what he has been bred and trained for not just as a glorified lurcher come spaniel and hopefully get some of my money back.. if he's of interest to you just give me a shout cheers

post-89513-0-91233700-1407233754.jpg

post-89513-0-41652100-1407233795.jpg

Edited by Snoz
  • 1 month later...