Bitch In Season

Took dog out for a walk this morning on the usual route were there's a few bunnies, she wasn't interested 1 bit, even the ones only 10 yards away, come bk home and all she's doing is whining [NO TEXT TALK] else get this just as there coming into season, she was did last season her mood totally changes, anyone got any advice on what to do and not to do whilst there in season

Yeh Venus is a fecking pain when in season,,,,really can't be arsed with hunting,,,,,in fact I just leave her at home now when she is...although others I've had have never changed,,,,all dogs are different

Yeh she's a 3/4 whippet 1/4 bedlington, she's only small this is her second season at 15 months old, least she's guna be out of season ready for the hunting season starts, first bitch I've owned though so wasn't sure what to expect, she's not yappy at all really quiet for rest of year sleeps in her kennel without a noise, just craves abit more attention I think leading upto and during her season

Yeh she's a 3/4 whippet 1/4 bedlington, she's only small this is her second season at 15 months old, least she's guna be out of season ready for the hunting season starts, first bitch I've owned though so wasn't sure what to expect, she's not yappy at all really quiet for rest of year sleeps in her kennel without a noise, just craves abit more attention I think leading upto and during her season

Have you thought about getting the bitch spayed

bit drastic getting it spayed if she turned out a bazzer and he wanted something of it, although some not interested in breeding shes in season now so she will be clear till at least March if she is a 6 monthly bitch not a long time 21 days is it and you have to bring dogs back into work at start of season anyway.

Has anyone ever had a working bitch spayed?

Is there any difference to her working ability?

Do they for instance develop the same amount of muscle?

Does it in any way alter they're mental state?

If not is there any down side to having a bitch spayed. Not everyone has an interest in breeding (me being one of them) no matter how good the bitch is.

Edited by Allan.A
  • Like 1

No probs Allan, probably won't be spaying her to be honest because i may want a litter from her in 3 years time, I'm undecided yet , yes she's in season every 6 month last time was at the end of feb, good timing really, I can cope with the hormones of a dog as I've had the experience of my gf going through 2 pregnancies haha and I tell you nothing compares to that