Patterdale To Langdale

I had a couple days off this weekend so decided to go up to the lakes with the saluki pup for some bonding and a bit of leg strengthening ! We arrived in patterdale , and it was sheeting down , so we donned our waterproofs and heeded up the route towards helvellyn .

P1040009_zps4ff99b2b.jpg

P1040011_zps5d129f8b.jpg

Pass the hunt kennels

P1040012_zpsbab3bc83.jpg

And on upto striding edge

P1040018_zpse1707ee8.jpg

P1040026_zpsea91927e.jpg

P1040027_zps5677c241.jpg

P1040028_zps79ceaa46.jpg

I made a makeshift harness for her out of slings

P1040033_zpse2aa0b13.jpg

And off we set over striding edge

P1040037_zps602755b1.jpg

P1040034_zpsa91e0214.jpg

Now I've done this with a terrier I used to have many times, but with bad visibility , wet rock , a gangly adolescent saluki pup ,who is becoming increasingly panicky it's a different prospect , so we swallowed our pride and escaped down some scree to red tarn .

P1040042_zpsb8757e81.jpg

P1040052_zps1a4f5634.jpg

We then went over to langdale , stayed at dungeon gyll hotel , after a good 10 pints of estwhaite ale , we got up at 5.30am and went up one of the langdale pikes and then back for brekky .

P1040059_zps53f21c70.jpg

P1040056_zpscceec3e2.jpg

P1040056_zpscceec3e2.jpg

P1040126_zps974135f1.jpg

P1040122_zps0a1443ce.jpg

P1040141_zpsd1eb243f.jpg

P1040100_zpsfdc05797.jpg

• Like 19

Absolutely fantastic..apart from the hotel and 10 pints lol i do similar with my mutts several times weekly im lucky in that I live just a stones throw away from the Fells,the weather may not be the best but its part of the character of the place I always think? .. although having ended up on my arse more times then id care to remember on the fells especially in the wet you really do realise how easy it would be for something far worse than a few bruises and dented ego to occur...great pics and if your ever back up this way give me a shout and id have a wander with you..couple of desert dawgs up the scree and hills. no desert nor fen in sight haha. Atb Andy

• Like 1

Cracking pics and dog. But these days after 10 pints I think I'd be pretty comatose for most of the next day, never mind ready for breakfast! Lol.

Is the bitch a pure? Looks a nice type :thumbs:

Edited by shaaark

:laugh: I read all of this and didnt realise that was a pup I reared till I saw my name written,.jesus my mind is evaporating,lol..shes looking fab robadoo,great to see you two are still in love :D what a cracking place for a walk and I can defo reafirm that robadoo is well capable of ten pints after staying here with me and we went for a ''drop'' :laugh: as one that doesnt drink very much anymore I was well full up after 5 while this lad was only warming up ...keep up the good work :victory:

Cheers lads , jiggy I like a drink , but even I couldn't drink that pocheen you gave me ,our peg made me throw it away when I spilt some on the coffee table and it stripped all the varnish off it , lol . Alan the dungeon ghyll hotel is a cracking real salt of the earth pub , I had a right crack with some local lads , great ale and good food , and surrounded by some of the best climbs and walks this country has to offer .

Good old patterdale lol.

Stopped there ( 6 of us ) on a motorbike run for some food and went to a pub up past some houses on a hill. Walked in and it was so dark we could hardly see the bar ! Seen the chalk board and it said 'SOUP', so I approached the bar, 3 people I will assume were local, staring like feck at us and asked the bar woman what the soup was. Her reply " Warm, and if you want the sausages there are no vegetables left but I'll get someone to run to the shop for potatoes, can't do fairer than that ". Mmm let me think, NO THANKS. Defo a deliverance moment LOL.

Nice pics by the way.