Ever Seen A Better Example Of A 'genuine' First Cross....?

Pye/punch both fine examples of what genuine first x's should look like! The dogs used to produce these animals were of the proper sort! you'd struggle to breed them like that with today's smaller dogs....

Edited by Tallywacker
  • Like 2

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did Paulus take that photo?

Strangely enough......I handled punch in a show for SB when I was about 18........of couse he was the only dog like that at the whole show back then & he took 1st prize......I'll always remember,

Not a better example but a genuine first cross! And does ok for me! Honest bitch!

Posted Images

did any of use breed stuff just as good as him when use line bred them? He was a nice looking dog

Better.... ;)

That's good to hear ;) I never seen any half x dogs go from that line but seen some diluted stuff an some of them were real good dogs for what they were

how old was he when he lost his tail? before he got his name as a good worker or after?

Don't know what age he lost his tail, fairly young I think. He had a name as a worker from the off, for those who knew the dog but his name grew with his offspring and then, as of so many dogs, became a 'legend' ( :rolleyes: ) on internet forums. :guitar:

That picture must be over 20 years old, I put it up only for the fact that as a 'genuine' he was/is the best example of type i've ever seen.

Do you mean he looks 50/50 ?

how old was he when he lost his tail? before he got his name as a good worker or after?

Don't know what age he lost his tail, fairly young I think. He had a name as a worker from the off, for those who knew the dog but his name grew with his offspring and then, as of so many dogs, became a 'legend' ( :rolleyes: ) on internet forums. :guitar:

That picture must be over 20 years old, I put it up only for the fact that as a 'genuine' he was/is the best example of type i've ever seen.

Do you mean he looks 50/50 ?

Sort of Jeemes, is it really cut and dried at 50/50, I know thats what in theory you should aim for but I honestly think there are first crosses that seem to make sommat better?

Take that Pye dog, he ain't 50/50, in certain parts of his body he's almost pure one thing or the other. How much bull blood is in his height, how much greyhound in his head... Nope, for me he's simply threw to the best of both and the percentages fall where they fall. Many good half bred's, of any type, fall that way...

i have to agree with the last post. but animals that get the best of both worlds rarely throw it. the mold is broke after making them.

Pye was one of those rarities that, when lines were tight, threw dogs both as good, if not better, in shape and attitude. :yes:

i have to agree with the last post. but animals that get the best of both worlds rarely throw it. the mold is broke after making them.

Pye was one of those rarities that, when lines were tight, threw dogs both as good, if not better, in shape and attitude. :yes:

i saw another pic of him fine looking animal :thumbs: