Sign in to follow this  
THE STALKER

Not A Roe Buck

Up early again this morning looking for a Buck, and after walking a few fields only seeing a few Does 1 had a kid at foot but none of the others did i made my way back home, i only had just driven past a Farm when my phone rang and it was the Farmer, i pulled over and he asked me where i was i replied 5 minutes away from you, he then said turn around and come to the Farm i got a little job for you. I got to the Farm where i found a Heifer with a broken leg and the Farmer asked me to put it out of it's misery which i done without a second thought, not the morning i expected but atleast the Animal did'nt suffer for long just one of those things Farmer goes to check the Bullocks and that's what he found sad for him but i guess you got live stock you will always have dead stock.

fzuXZYX.jpg

• Like 1

Any good for eating? If so, did you get a corner?

I offered to Dress it out but with this weather it would be full of Maggots by the morning one for the incinerator i guess. :(

Any good for eating? If so, did you get a corner?

I offered to Dress it out but with this weather it would be full of Maggots by the morning one for the incinerator i guess. :(

Thats the only down side what a waste after you did what needed doing

One of the more random quarry photos! ;)

Do you have to have humane dispatch as a condition on your FAC for that sort of thing

Do you think i would put a pic up if i never ??? Not A quarry photo at all but a mercy mission. :duh:

Edited by THE STALKER
  • Like 1

Do you have to have humane dispatch as a condition on your FAC for that sort of thing

Do you think i would put a pic up if i never ??? Not A quarry photo at all but a mercy mission. :duh:

Haha, no I don't. It was a genuine question and I guess it's a bit daft (along with many other things about the licensing process) that you need the condition if you pick up a rifle but there's nothing to stop the same person picking up their shotgun and doing the same job with a different tool.

Looks like a crap job done well there sir. Not easy having to step outside the regular beat but the farmer won't forget your help in a long while I bet.

Haha, no I don't. It was a genuine question and I guess it's a bit daft (along with many other things about the licensing process) that you need the condition if you pick up a rifle but there's nothing to stop the same person picking up their shotgun and doing the same job with a different tool.

Looks like a crap job done well there sir. Not easy having to step outside the regular beat but the farmer won't forget your help in a long while I bet.

Edited by THE STALKER

I have shot this Farm for 40 years plus we are good friends , i used to take the son and daughter out with my Lurchers when they were about 12 years old many moons ago.

• Like 1

Not A quarry photo at all but a mercy mission. :duh:

So why lay the rifle on it and take a photo. Glory hunter me thinks!

Very simple so you can Add it to the tally at the end of the season, 10 boars, 15 deer, 20 foxes 45 rabbits 50 pheasants and a cow, not many of us can say that

Makes good summer reading as well

Doubt I'd call him a glory hunter there Bobo! I've not met the OP but I do enjoy his write ups.

You have to take all this stuff in context or the concept of forum is entirely wasted.

• Like 1