Coat Colour

Hello all,

I have recently bought a Fell Terrier bitch pup to work with a Lurcher and a Deerhound on our farm. She is a great little pup and is as keen as mustard but I wondered if anyone has ever come across a blonde Patterdale / Fell Terrier before? She is the colour of a pale golden retriever with a hard broken coat. I know the breeder and the dam and sire, both of which are working Hunt terriers so I have no doubt about her breeding and all the other pups in the litter were either black red or black and tan. Would appreciate your thoughts please?

Think you answered post in your question with pups being black and black and tan and red as well as blonde(light tan) in same litter hunt bred just breeding worker to worker what suits as long as they work god only knows what is really in them as long as they do job

• Like 1

Think you answered post in your question with pups being black and black and tan and red as well as blonde(light tan) in same litter hunt bred just breeding worker to worker what suits as long as they work god only knows what is really in them as long as they do job

Agree with you, Mind you, I want a working dog, not something to look at:)

Borders can be wheaton too

What happened to all the Wheaten coloured Borders.....not seen one for years :hmm: Strange one...

Show fashion changed mate

Sad that..a pal from Rotherham had a belter in the early nineties,everything a border should be.... :thumbs: