I bought a greenie cock bird who's a lutino carrier I was in two minds as he's an old bird his ring makes him 4.5 years old I put him with a nice variated border who was trying to nest again with her young birds fledged but still hanging around put him in with her to my suprise he started feeding her and the young birds ! She had 3 eggs I removed and replaced the eggs there due to hatch this week I moved the young into the upper row put in a mesh divider so they could see the other birds flying in and out of the hole to the flight but they were not feeding to well so I stuck the greenie in with them and he kept feeding them I then took out the mesh and they follow him everywhere he's tread the other border in the flight but she ate the eggs . This boy is a cracking little chap but knowing my luck is probable a Jaffa lol.

• Like 2

The greenie cocks i've been using this year all have been great dads and have been watching them bth feeding their last chicks of the year today,even had to move one away by hand as i needed to ring a couple of chicks he was fussing over,this cock i interoduced to a couple of hens who had youngsters by a different greenie cock and he went straight to it and fed them like were his own,Saved my year have the greenies and to think i was playing with the idea of getting rid of them for something different but now there a bird to allways be here :laugh: .

• Like 1

Ive got a lesser hen sitting and feeding 5 greeny chicks,and my irish feeding a normal cock split for lutino plus im topping them up.good birds mate and a joy to watch singing when they are in good condition.atb

• Like 1

You might find your'll have to finish them off by hand and get them weaned quick as that's a few big hungry mouths for a litter lesser to feed for to long :laugh: ,but she's done well and so are you for helping her out mate :victory: ..

Tuffty like i say they've saved my year but i hate the worry of the moult and have a couple looking a bit sorry for themselves but there hanging in there and it'll soon be over as they say and plenty of wild food about now lads so get it in them,it's what god made for them to eat :victory: .