She wasnt bad untill 9 last night ish and shes going to the vet soon as it opens. Had a bad experiance with abbey vets at barnsley so no chance would I take her there unless it was something extreme. Like I said im at work and I have transport to the vet organised for her already. And its a good job I asked on her because what paulus mentioned to me is somthing I may not have thought to tell the vet unless he asked. So it is always a good thing to ask on places like here as there are many people with lots of good information.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dont like rising to people but there is only one thing I cant take and that is to be made out like I dont do whats best for my dogs or not look after them etc. A few lads on here know me and the one

Vet now.

I'd have had her to emergency vets. .stop all the guessing.

Okay thanks for the advice I probably wouldnt have thought of her run been a cause. Iv been phoning non stop hoping that someone will be in the vets but it doesnt open while 9 and nobody is on the phone. And I will never ever put any of my pets in a vets4pets ever again this is the only vet I have faith in. Are you from the barnsley area paulus?

no mate, the vet will be able to get hands on and make a proper diagnosis, its only another half an hour before it opens but i would be there now waiting for someone to open up :laugh:

Just got the results and im relieved but still worried. Its not what paulus mentioned or anything severe like that. The vet says its something skeletal. As I mentuoned she accidently chased somthing on thursday out of sight and I dont know what happened to her. Well she has some sprt of iritation on her throught that has caused the cough. But anyway he pulled her leg or somthing and it clicked and shes really stiff so he says she must have had some kind of impact. To cut a long story short hes given her an injection and 2 courses of tablets. She will hopefully be fine now he says if not shes back in saturday amd he will examine her back and whatever else. So fingers crossed her acjes and pains will settle and not effect her running. Best 50 quid spent im so relieved .

What's happening?

Whas the vet said?

I had thought dehydration as a possibility, had a dog run a hare (pre ban when I was a teenager) for a long long run during the summer (I lived on a farm, it was harvest time hares moving from the combine I didn't mean to let her run it was exercising her and she bumped into it) and her symptoms were a bit like this dog, diarrhoea, swaying, visible muscle pain, awkward movements, she recovered in a few days with lots of water and a liquid based diet for a few days, also so electroylte solution..... That was like a ten minute run in extreme heat, and she caught the hare, I had to carry her home. But she wasn't as bad as this dog and picked up quickly.

What's the result?

hopefully fine now if not go back sat and he will examine her back and what ever else,surely by feck he should have done all that in one hit,id feck it off and find another vet mate if i was you,hope it turns out for the best :thumbs:

Hunter1372 I understand the wait and see principle, sounds like he did an exam narrowed it down to a bump, and I am sure the injection may have been an anti-inflammatory/pain killer and not sure what the tablets are but most muscle/tendon/minor bumps and knocks, can be cured with ibuprofen type meds and rest, I was a competitive runner and a rugby player and that's from personal experience....... If it doesn't resolve with this minor treatment then it may need a reevaluation for any underlying issues or worsening of the situation........ Rest is the biggest healer in nearly all injuries

amazes me dude is on here looking for a diagnosis , the dog should of gone to out of hour emergency vet joke some folk shoulnt have dogs -FACT

Dont want to get into a slanging match before this goes any further. Im not a numpty or anything I care no end for my dogs and if they were suffering I would have gone to an out of hour vets. Maybe my post sounded more severe than it was because I was worrying too much most people would probably through there dog in its kennel n leave it. That dog was in my bed all night where I could keep an eye on her. And as the vet said he thinks shes had a tumble and a bit of joint issues nothing major. Your comment is either because you didnt read my post properly misunderstood it or are just a bit premature.

Hunter1372 I understand the wait and see principle, sounds like he did an exam narrowed it down to a bump, and I am sure the injection may have been an anti-inflammatory/pain killer and not sure what the tablets are but most muscle/tendon/minor bumps and knocks, can be cured with ibuprofen type meds and rest, I was a competitive runner and a rugby player and that's from personal experience....... If it doesn't resolve with this minor treatment then it may need a reevaluation for any underlying issues or worsening of the situation........ Rest is the biggest healer in nearly all injuries

i understand what your saying but id be wanting the whole picture,not iv found a bump on the leg so that must be it dog may well have other injuries that you are still unaware of,i aint no vet but id be wanting the whole hog as it were,either way fingers crossed :thumbs: