Laguna Whippet?

Ive seen Laguna Whippets coursing and racing. They were very strong,fast and game. I met Mrs Bond Gunning when I dispatched a hare for her that her dog had just caught to win yet another course at an organised meet in the Cotswolds.I found her to be a very modest person about the obvious abilities of her dogs that her mother was breeding before her. I remember her saying that she had stopped letting people have her dogs unless she had known them for at least a year or so because she was sick of seeing them being peddled in the C/Weekly.

A mate of mine had a Laguna dog that had a far better pedigree has far as Laguna strain went than Sooty sam and it was a fast game dog. No pure whippet could ever get near it racing and it was great on a lamp. Has far as I know he never used it at stud. I had lost touch when I came to breed my bitch so I used Sooty Sam. Some of the dogs in that litter were outstanding.

Im no Whippet expert but I was lucky enough to see some remarkable Whippet coursing from diffrent strains at official coursing meets before the Reds banned it. They are truly great dogs..Ive nothing but respect for them..Its a shame they fell into hands of peddlers and have no doubt been scatter bred badly has a result.

what was the bitch called??

Just another prefix mate.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ive seen Laguna Whippets coursing and racing. They were very strong,fast and game. I met Mrs Bond Gunning when I dispatched a hare for her that her dog had just caught to win yet another course at an

It's sales talk for working whippets! Forget the names and get something from parents doing what you want.

It's just a whippet I suspect, I would've surprised if it was from the Laguna kennel. What's the prefix? Just go to the whippet archives and findout when the last Laguna bred dog was in the pedigree.

Posted Images

Ive seen Laguna Whippets coursing and racing. They were very strong,fast and game. I met Mrs Bond Gunning when I dispatched a hare for her that her dog had just caught to win yet another course at an organised meet in the Cotswolds.I found her to be a very modest person about the obvious abilities of her dogs that her mother was breeding before her. I remember her saying that she had stopped letting people have her dogs unless she had known them for at least a year or so because she was sick of seeing them being peddled in the C/Weekly.

A mate of mine had a Laguna dog that had a far better pedigree has far as Laguna strain went than Sooty sam and it was a fast game dog. No pure whippet could ever get near it racing and it was great on a lamp. Has far as I know he never used it at stud. I had lost touch when I came to breed my bitch so I used Sooty Sam. Some of the dogs in that litter were outstanding.

Im no Whippet expert but I was lucky enough to see some remarkable Whippet coursing from diffrent strains at official coursing meets before the Reds banned it. They are truly great dogs..Ive nothing but respect for them..Its a shame they fell into hands of peddlers and have no doubt been scatter bred badly has a result.

what was the bitch called??

Just another prefix mate.

reason i ask i had a bitch pup back in the early 90`s that sam was the sire to

Only one I can find is this one Paula http://thewhippetarchives.net/details.php?id=49969

thats the dam to the bitch i had :thumbs:

Really but it was out of a 'Blue' bitch, before you became a full blown brindlephile huh :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

she was indeed a blue bitch :laugh::laugh:

Yeah cos he knows brindles are faster! Lol :thumbs:

i will have any colour nowadays as long as its brindle, :laugh::laugh:

Hey guys

Is there any real traits that make a whippet a proper Laguna???

The chap I bought my dog from claimed she had some laguna blood in her what you think? (she goes bezerk for anything on four legs)

Cheers

yes it would have to come from the laguna kennel :laugh:

Hey guys

Is there any real traits that make a whippet a proper Laguna???

The chap I bought my dog from claimed she had some laguna blood in her what you think? (she goes bezerk for anything on four legs)

Cheers

It's just a whippet I suspect, I would've surprised if it was from the Laguna kennel. What's the prefix? Just go to the whippet archives and findout when the last Laguna bred dog was in the pedigree. But to be honest all this Laguna stuff really is a big bulging bag of excrement, just enjoy your whippet for what it is, not for some sales chat a breeder told you. Edited by Sirius
  • Like 6