Laguna Whippet?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ive seen Laguna Whippets coursing and racing. They were very strong,fast and game. I met Mrs Bond Gunning when I dispatched a hare for her that her dog had just caught to win yet another course at an

It's sales talk for working whippets! Forget the names and get something from parents doing what you want.

It's just a whippet I suspect, I would've surprised if it was from the Laguna kennel. What's the prefix? Just go to the whippet archives and findout when the last Laguna bred dog was in the pedigree.

Posted Images

Hey guys

Is there any real traits that make a whippet a proper Laguna???

The chap I bought my dog from claimed she had some laguna blood in her what you think? (she goes bezerk for anything on four legs)

Cheers

It's just a whippet I suspect, I would've surprised if it was from the Laguna kennel. What's the prefix? Just go to the whippet archives and findout when the last Laguna bred dog was in the pedigree. But to be honest all this Laguna stuff really is a big bulging bag of excrement, just enjoy your whippet for what it is, not for some sales chat a breeder told you.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:icon_eek: "But to be honest all this Laguna stuff really is a big bulging bag of excrement,"

C'mon now Sirius,...don't hold anything back man,...just say what ya mean... :laugh:

My 1970s Madishan and Laguna stock...

File0282bmp.jpg

Honestly is always the best policy eh, Just to clarify 'stuff' as in 'Hype' not 'Dogs', :laugh: :laugh:

• 4 years later...
On 23/07/2014 at 22:46, lurcherlad92 said:

Hey guys

Is there any real traits that make a whippet a proper Laguna???

The chap I bought my dog from claimed she had some laguna blood in her what you think? (she goes bezerk for anything on four legs)

Cheers

post-90976-0-53002600-1406151677_thumb.jpg

Spit of mine. She's not got 'Jollyquick' in her has she? Halifax area. 

_20171104_043540.JPG

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Most whippet pups will work if anufe is put in front of them.

kc or none ped you pick your pup and do your best by it ,at end of the day they plenty of good working whippets out there that don't come from Laguna or well known kennels .forget  the names and get the pup you like and I don't think you b disappointed .forget overs legends and make your own.

atb

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I think Im right in saying that most of the whippets competing in coursing were also show dogs and pets. No pedigree on earth is worth a shite unless you know or get reliable info about the dogs in it but you have to start somewhere and as with all dogs blood will out' as they say. get a good one and breed from it haha its simple.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, jeemes said:

I think Im right in saying that most of the whippets competing in coursing were also show dogs and pets. No pedigree on earth is worth a shite unless you know or get reliable info about the dogs in it but you have to start somewhere and as with all dogs blood will out' as they say. get a good one and breed from it haha its simple.

A kc or working pedergree is only as truthfull as person who wrote it.folk on both sides of the fence are breeding for money and care nothing about welfare of a breed or type.

• Like 1