Possible Deer Dogs

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course they can't make it legal again - there are far far far far too many morons with lurchers, the countryside would be a very unpleasant place!   Sad fact, but true.   SO just keep your hea

Is there not a more novel way to get folk to incriminate themselves?

Heres mine

Posted Images

I've heard and seen some great dogs that would make great deer dogs if it wasn't for the ban ;) let's see some of yours.

I know it's banned, but with deer spreading out into many areas across the country, it's not uncommon to stumble across some if we go for a 'rural drive' into areas that even just 5 years ago you wouldn't see one at all. Nice to see them though :D.

I think it's high time the government saw a bit of sense, and relaxed their grip on some of these pathetic, and most of the time, unenforcable policed laws. Don't know how they'd go about it mind, as far as I can see, it's all a confusing pile of dross that even the powers that be get bogged down with most of it and don't really know what they're doing!

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 3

I've heard and seen some great dogs that would make great deer dogs if it wasn't for the ban ;) let's see some of yours.

I know it's banned, but with deer spreading out into many areas across the country, it's not uncommon to stumble across some if we go for a 'rural drive' into areas that even just 5 years ago you wouldn't see one at all. Nice to see them though :D.

I think it's high time the government saw a bit of sense, and relaxed their grip on some of these pathetic, and most of the time, unenforcable policed laws. Don't know how they'd go about it mind, as far as I can see, it's all a confusing pile of dross that even the powers that be get bogged down with most of it and don't really know what they're doing!

I know what you mean mate, highly doubt they'll lift the ban on going deer with dogs but surly in some time they will see sense and realise the foxes need doing

How can you tell what is a "possible" good deer dog? :hmm:

All reasonably made lurchers could be good but without trying you'd never know and that would be illegal.

Seems an odd question to me

• Like 1

they should let us run them with callable dogs imho
  • Like 1