Petition For Standardising Air Rifle Muzzle Energy Tests

This was posted by guzzidom on the Weihrauch Owners' Forum. Don't know if it'll get anywhere, but it can't hurt...

"Do you actually care about the future of our sport? Because, frankly, no one else on social media seems to.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/67597

Please sign this petition to clarify the 12ft/lb testing, you may think things are fine as they are, but recent developments in pellets, mainly to market to gullible US buyers, by claiming high velocities with lightweight alloy pellets threatens to put our non FAC springers at risk, let me put it this way, my 22 HW35 does 10.6 ft/lb with H&N trophies but the Gamo power pells and the H&N Green both put it at 12.2, useless over 15m, but a firearms offence.
My AA S400 runs 11.7 with Bisley Magnums, 11.4 with its preffered diet of AA Fields, but a heady 13.5 with baracuda hunter extremes, can't hit crapola with them, but again, firearms offence.

If we don't get ourselves a level playing field then we are pretty much all breaking the law with some ammo if we have a gun producing 11ft/lb, .....so sign the petition, and please share it on whatever airgun sites you frequent, unless you are happy using your preferred pellets at a detuned 9.5 ft/lb to compensate for some useless ultralight pellet the Home Office may test your gun with!"

• Like 1

Hmm,

not really sure about this one Andy

Drawing attention to the fact that legal air rifles can be turned FAC by using lightwieght pellets is not my idea of a good idea

My petition would be to ban pellets under a certain weight.

The Home Office could quite easily turn round and say all rifles must be low enough in power to comply with any pellets.

8Ft/Lb limit anyone ??

• Like 3

The sentiment is ok but who is he?.

He includes the words 'and Airgun Manufacturers' in the opening title. I've spoken to AA. They havn't been approached or had any discussion with this particular person.

Anyway, you have until 2015 16th July to spread the word.

PS I have my air rifle set to 11.3 ft/lbs with JSB pellets. I've tried other pellets but the best I have got is 11.5 with some tin pellets.

Edited by 4sight

Hmm,

not really sure about this one Andy

Drawing attention to the fact that legal air rifles can be turned FAC by using lightwieght pellets is not my idea of a good idea

My petition would be to ban pellets under a certain weight.

The Home Office could quite easily turn round and say all rifles must be low enough in power to comply with any pellets.

8Ft/Lb limit anyone ??

Bollox. I must of read it wrong. Signature retracted. It is not a good idea at all. Infact, what a rather shit petition. Edited by Rez
  • Like 1