Air Rifle Wanted For Begginer

Hi all looking for an air rifle for my daughter to start out with , must be full power though and if pcp could do with a pump aswell , no scope needed as we have one . Let me know what you have and if suitable ill get back to you . Not looking to spend a great deal so between £100 - £300.

You'd be lucky to find many PCP's with a bottle or pump for >£300.

Ideally I'd look for a cheap break barrel to begin with, once she's learnt the basics and your funds are greater, then move on to a PCP. At least if it's not for her, there's no loss.

Good luck pal :thumbs:

White

I think both the Diana and Weihrauch weigh about the same. I think on some rifles, the tactical stocks are a 'tad' lighter and can take a bashing where most woods dent.

Gamo make a fair few rifles, light and easy. There's also a BSA Hornet I keep seeing advertised in my mags for £165 from surplusstore.co.uk with scope, pellets, slip case and 5% off when you present the voucher ;)

A good little beginners kit for the price and BSA do hold their value.

There's also brands like SMK and Hatsan that circulate too, never tried either brand but you can pick them up cheap enough.

Plenty to choose from, albeit new or secondhand from the fellas on here.

All the best.

White

* it's just a matter of preference on what YOU want to buy or take her to your local store and see what she can shoulder....

If you have your own rifles and are happy not having to claim your daughters, I'd personally buy a cheap rifle and put the rest in the pot for when she's confident to move up.

I'd start anyone on a springer though, I'd save the PCP for later. There's a true skill to it, if you can shoot on target and know how shooting works on something that has recoil and the manual labour of reloading. As good as PCP's are, I do think they cut a lot of fun and skill out of the shoot.

Will check the 99 out matty , the diana is 2lbs lighter than the hw97k so should be easier to handle for her , white rabbit im after a cheap but half decent rifle for here if you know what mean , something good enough to take a few feral pigeons out at a local farm when shes praticed enough and is a good shot plus i can have ago also as only use rimfires myself , but as you said i will get a starter rifle and get something better when shes a confident shooter if it ever gets that far , cheers for your imput lads much apprieciated.

No, I understand what you mean. Like I've said, I think it's a good idea you both go out, Dad and Daughters day ;) and shoulder a few rifles. Get an idea of what rifle you both suit as what's just right for you, could be too large or heavy for her or vce versa for yourself (and they DO make bright pink PCPs now!!) hahaha :laugh:

Once you have an idea, always check the forum and see what's available. 90% of the time you'll end up with a mean bargain!

Use it as a learning curve too, the staff in the store will be able to help you with ease find the right rifle but also educate you on the rifle specs, best calibre for your sport, which pellets fire best with that rifle and also learn about the pellets for your hunting too. Although you use rim fire, it's a whole new ball park ;)

All the best pal and keep us posted.

White