Spots/bites On Pup From Walk

hi all i had pup out for walk in a feild near me thats just been cut on sunday and today have noticed red spots or bites they look like yellow heads some of them they are on her unfer side on her belle and under armpits were her hair isnt as thick has any one else had this or no what it could be and what i can use to treat it thanks jack

Like Socks said: nothing to worry about: dab a bit of antiseptic cream on them if you want, but I don't agree with banging anti-histamines into dogs at every opportunity. Same with all medicine. Save it for when it's really needed. Some dogs do have more sensitive skins than others: best to keep the thin skinned, or ones with hairless undercarriages out of long grass during the summer.

• Like 1

Like Socks said: nothing to worry about: dab a bit of antiseptic cream on them if you want, but I don't agree with banging anti-histamines into dogs at every opportunity. Same with all medicine. Save it for when it's really needed. Some dogs do have more sensitive skins than others: best to keep the thin skinned, or ones with hairless undercarriages out of long grass during the summer.

its a anti histamine not an antibiotic they are meant for use as and when required it only coats the receptors so the histamine can not bind, its a short term effect, like taking paracetamol for a head ache :laugh:

Even anti-histamines are not without side effects: http://livertox.nih.gov/Antihistamines.htm

OK, as the link states, most do side effects disappear if you stop using them, but I really just wanted to highlight the dangers of the over use of any medicine. Sure, one dose won't hurt, but it's too easy to rely on stuff like that when it is easily available over the counter. The only time I've used anti-histamine is for an extreme allergic reaction to wasp stings in my dogs ... and it does make them dopey, though you could also argue that the pain the dog is suffering at the time is the reason it 'shuts down'.