• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As stated,...many times,..over many years,....there is nothing to stop anyone becoming a Pest Controller, Mole Trapper, Rabbit Catcher,.etc,.etc,... I have lived through a period where 'wasp killers'

You can see my gripe though re: LA’s being in direct, and unfair, competition with the private sector.   And please don’t get me wrong here; I appreciate someone needs to do free or subsidised jobs

All this talk about who charges what, be it a biggeR company or an LA shouldn't cloud your judgement. I sell my business on quality, I quote a price and that's it...I'm not going to get involved in a

Do rentokil really charge that much?! I do some domestic jobs for a pub landlord and he reckons when their contract (with rentokil in the pub) is up they will use me. He reckons that rentokil only charge him £32.00 a month all in, surely that's gotta be a lie. I can see them charging that just for the monitory programme but stinging them when It comes to treatments.

Do rentokil really charge that much?! I do some domestic jobs for a pub landlord and he reckons when their contract (with rentokil in the pub) is up they will use me. He reckons that rentokil only charge him £32.00 a month all in, surely that's gotta be a lie. I can see them charging that just for the monitory programme but stinging them when It comes to treatments.

That's £96 per 1/4

That's good money for a pub that will only take half hour to service

I had a pub ring me for a price he already had a pest control contract with a small firm

I asked was he not being looked after or looking to save money

Save money was the answer I asked how much he was paying to see if it was worth looking round

£25 per 1/4 all in

And he was looking for a better price

Ant powder? It's people like you who I think are complete pricks. Ant powder is not approved for wasps thus making it illegal.

Abarett that's ridiculous he must know that's really cheap, what did you do? beat the other firm or tell him that's decent? All of my contracts are monthly but I know most bigger firms are quarterly. From a monitory point of view I feel monthly is better.

i know that Rentokil used to be very specific about what was covered in their contract, eg covered for crawling insects, but did not include cockroaches, or may be on for cockroaches and have silver fish, guess what an extra charge to treat.

Trouble with the big firms, folk think big is best, best price big service. Actually price has to pay for the branch managers, technicians, share profit, back room staff etc.

Income Detectors were always used, OOoops, mean Insect Detectors, extra revenue sought by telling customers the scary news of what has been found on them

• Like 1

Ant powder? It's people like you who I think are complete pricks. Ant powder is not approved for wasps thus making it illegal.

Abarett that's ridiculous he must know that's really cheap, what did you do? beat the other firm or tell him that's decent? All of my contracts are monthly but I know most bigger firms are quarterly. From a monitory point of view I feel monthly is better.

I just smiled thanked him for the call and left

The quarterly bill is what the customer is used to paying with a previous company so we just carry on with it

We are only a very small company but target the big calls off the big firms

we have to wait 90 days after invoice to get payed on a lot of our stuff

i know that Rentokil used to be very specific about what was covered in their contract, eg covered for crawling insects, but did not include cockroaches, or may be on for cockroaches and have silver fish, guess what an extra charge to treat.

Trouble with the big firms, folk think big is best, best price big service. Actually price has to pay for the branch managers, technicians, share profit, back room staff etc.

Income Detectors were always used, OOoops, mean Insect Detectors, extra revenue sought by telling customers the scary news of what has been found on them

Exactly find these calls you can take them all day long

• 1 month later...

All this talk about who charges what, be it a biggeR company or an LA shouldn't cloud your judgement. I sell my business on quality, I quote a price and that's it...I'm not going to get involved in a race to the bottom and I've had many customers who've used me because others are too cheap to do the job properly. I've also had people who've tried to knock the price down........I say people because they are never customers :thumbs:

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

That's £96 per 1/4

That's good money for a pub that will only take half hour to service

I had a pub ring me for a price he already had a pest control contract with a small firm

I asked was he not being looked after or looking to save money

Save money was the answer I asked how much he was paying to see if it was worth looking round

£25 per 1/4 all in

And he was looking for a better price

I guess that Joe public, have no idea what pest control costs, hence wanting a cheaper price. Am glad I do not want/need to compete for the corner shop for such a poor priced contract