I was asked by a local farmer who owned a Plummer bitch gifted to him as a pup if I would put my Plummer dog over her as he wanted another bitch around the farm as mine was still young I wasn't to keen on the idea but went ahead with it he said he would keep a bitch and and sell the rest of the litter his bitch had three dogs so all pups where sold he passed me the number to one of the owners and we kept in touch every few months haven't spoke to him for a while then today I receive a picture message of the dog with two first place rosettes from the EPTS show one for best condition and one for open winner and he was told he would of won best in show easy if it wasn't for the fact that the mothers breeding can not be traced I'm not up on these shows so was wondering if this is common not to give dogs best in show if breeding can not be traced bit unfair if it is ATB BB

All the Plummer clubs insist on registration for entry to their shows mate unless its run by a local terrier and lurcher club, its a closed shop the EPTS, you need a registration number or the papers with you to stand a chance, as its the EPTS show they will pick one of their own to win anyway, did Browner ever register your dog ?? if he did it would of been the PTA anyway and they don't like giving 1st place to another clubs dog anyway, tell your mate to enjoy his dog in the field and if he wants to show it then do a non-Plummer club show where he has a level playing field, atb, WM

The PTCGB shows are open - no registrations to any clubs are necessary - the PTA run a open class along side their shows - both include working classes - and this weekend the PTCGB [FULLY OPEN] show had winners from all club registrations and a few non registered - the epts will not allow entries not registered with a particular kennel database as far as I know (but may be corrected) as the last time entries not registered with this kennel - bull blooded stuff allowed with all the other clubs - won all classes bar bitch (owned by a PTCGB committee member) - judge wasn't asked back, winners were disputed and shortly thereafter rules changed when epts committee members bought in bull blooded stuff lol

As BB and WM said Buster - forget the clubs and shows if they are not your scene and enjoy your dogs :thumbs:

Edited by HGN
  • Like 2

The PTCGB shows are open - no registrations to any clubs are necessary - the PTA run a open class along side their shows - both include working classes - and this weekend the PTCGB [FULLY OPEN] show had winners from all club registrations and a few non registered - the epts will not allow entries not registered with a particular kennel database as far as I know (but may be corrected) as the last time entries not registered with this kennel - bull blooded stuff allowed with all the other clubs - won all classes bar bitch (owned by a PTCGB committee member) - judge wasn't asked back, winners were disputed and shortly thereafter rules changed when epts committee members bought in bull blooded stuff lol

As BB and WM said Buster - forget the clubs and shows if they are not your scene and enjoy your dogs :thumbs:

Don't think you'll get corrected on that! :D

• Like 1