Let Me Introduce Myself

Hi folks,

Im a fella from Essex who loves all country pursuits. From the age of 4 I fished at 6 got an air rifle at 15 lost interest then found it again at 27(the age I got married). I'll skip my fishing history and move straight onto shooting. I got back into air rifles with a break barrel but quickly moved onto pcp's. Having seen the pigeon bags attainable with a shotgun I decided that was the way forward, my record bag of seven with the s410 didn't compete with the bags of 100+ I'd see in sporting shooter! 12 bore pigeon magnets hides and decoys was 2 years of good shooting (though my biggest bag was still only 28) From chatting about this a client from work offered me his peg on his pheasant syndicate one boxing day, which was an awesome day. Then talking about this to another client led to an invite to go beating which I enjoyed more than the shooting, no pressure to hit birds. After a couple of years of beating I decided I needed a spaniel, or any dog to accompany me in the line. My wife band this idea which led me to get ferrets. I explained these were a good dog substitute which would still take me out to the countryside. 2 years of ferreting, knitting my own nets, seasoning my own hazel pegs, building hutches, courts and boxes I decided to be a fully fledged ferreter I needed a running dog. I put my foot down with her indoors and she aloud me to get my Bedlington/whippet,on the condition my daughter named him. So now I have scamp. All my knowledge of these sports have come from either trial and error or books. Yet another client( I'm a barber so I have a few) pointed me in the direction of this forum saying it would be an easy way to get In to contact with a lot of people with a wealth of knowledge on the sports I enjoy so here I am. Sorry if I've rattled on a bit but I'm new to this Internet chat. Joe

• Like 5

Welcome Joe, great intro and you seem to be quite active now considering the 12 year span you dropped it for, so well done :thumbs:

What are your plans for now or still continue with the ferreting? Is your daughter the type to follow your foot steps or not really?

Plenty of stuff to read up on, on the forum, people to meet and always feel free start topics yourself to request or share info.

We hope you enjoy it here and glad to have you on board.

White

Sorry for the delayed reply. I'm gonna stick with the ferreting for the time being. My daughter has shown interest in fishing and ferreting which I'm encouraging.I'm not pushing it but I know where I'd rather spend a winters Sunday morning. Spectating netball or sat in a ditch waiting for a rabbit to bolt!!!?