Diana 52/48 Vs Hw80 In .22 For Hunting

I've had both HW80 is a top gun but nothing beats the Diana's I've had 2 they hold there value well very powerfull bit on the heavy side but so is the HW80 the Diana's can be abit over powered though each one I've had and advertised it's been snapped up within a day for the asking price brilliant guns the first one I had I shot everything from rats to geese with it and it never let me down just remember to invest in a good quality scope as the recoil can be abit savage on the Diana's. Atb

I've not used either rifles myself but if I was to choose one, I think I'd go for the Diana.

Nothing wrong with the HW80 but I think the Diana range are underrated- perhaps down to problems with their PCP's has put them back a space and the fact they're "unusual" compared to the usual underlever/ break barrel doesn't get them more of name than their novelty aspect..... They look quality built and I imagine are highly accurate.

I know everyone raves about the HW range, especially the 80 and the 97. They're the bread and butter of the springer market.

When it all boils down to it, you're best off trying to hunt them down and shoulder them so you know how they feel on you.

White

• Like 1

The Diana 52 is a sidelever and it's a cracker of a rifle. It is hefty if you come from shooting with PCPs but, that's how a superb spring rifle should be and the weight, to be honest, isn't all that much. Definitely one I'm considering as a next purchase. But then I already have an HW80 .22 and I will never part with it. One of the very best air rifles I've ever owned. :thumbs:

Simon

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

If the barrel is accurate with a correct pellet and the power is consistent, both rifles will do a superb job of hunting. It's more a question of which you like the look of best. The Dianas are beautifully made, quality rifles with a more luxurious look and finish than their rivals from Weihrauch. But, from experience of owning HW80s for a good many years now, I can only say that the HW80 is a magnificent hunting rifle. Mine's an absolute beauty!

But, if you want a fixed-barrel 12ft/lb spring rifle for hunting, I would have an HW77 .22 full length rifle any day! The best spring rifle of any yet built!

Simon

• Like 1