To be honest i dont know the ins and out of this however If it means stopping those sick Islamic nutters from killing another innocent person I'm all for it. :thumbs:

I heard yesterday how last year the French stopped a team of muzzys blowing up the Eiffle tower and the Lourve art gallery....

I am curious to know what they are going to do about the 400 "British" men that have gone over to Iraq and Siria to fight for the cause, are they just going to allow them back in or refuse them entry?

To be honest i dont know the ins and out of this however If it means stopping those sick Islamic nutters from killing another innocent person I'm all for it. :thumbs:

I heard yesterday how last year the French stopped a team of muzzys blowing up the Eiffle tower and the Lourve art gallery....

I am curious to know what they are going to do about the 400 "British" men that have gone over to Iraq and Siria to fight for the cause, are they just going to allow them back in or refuse them entry?

here http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/66536

Got to be abit of a twat if speaking by texts and upto anything anyway surely? Everyone knows even deleted texts can be restored. Doubt most are upto anything serious enough that the gov would want to have a nose. Terror suspects are no doubt under obbo and have phone calls and texts checked anyway I bet.

The question many will ask is, if you have nothing to hide then what's the problem? Not saying I agree with that theory though as no doubt we become more and more accepting that being spied on is the norm. Cash is already no good on public transport in london now. Not been any fuss over it or anything as everyone's slowly just got used to having an oyster anyway. How long until they do the same with paper money. Real large sums are moved digitally now anyway aren't they? Unless one of you knows where there's some worth while cash boxes lol

It's not so much what you have to hide for the average Joe or Joan. Many companies would go f***ing nuts to have any information on what you're we searching for, what online shopping you're doing and what you're purchasing, what your texting and messaging to your friends....anything they can obtain about you for sales.

Yes, the Gov will use it as "were looking to track down extremists and monitor their websites and incoming and outgoing data" of which MI5 are well aware of there trails!

Why do the Gov need to know why what you're doing with your data- albeit mobile or PC?

Next they'll want to be able to track your phone.... Like rats in the maze.

Got to be abit of a twat if speaking by texts and upto anything anyway surely? Everyone knows even deleted texts can be restored. Doubt most are upto anything serious enough that the gov would want to have a nose. Terror suspects are no doubt under obbo and have phone calls and texts checked anyway I bet.

The question many will ask is, if you have nothing to hide then what's the problem? Not saying I agree with that theory though as no doubt we become more and more accepting that being spied on is the norm. Cash is already no good on public transport in london now. Not been any fuss over it or anything as everyone's slowly just got used to having an oyster anyway. How long until they do the same with paper money. Real large sums are moved digitally now anyway aren't they? Unless one of you knows where there's some worth while cash boxes lol

It's not so much what you have to hide for the average Joe or Joan. Many companies would go f***ing nuts to have any information on what you're we searching for, what online shopping you're doing and what you're purchasing, what your texting and messaging to your friends....anything they can obtain about you for sales.

Yes, the Gov will use it as "were looking to track down extremists and monitor their websites and incoming and outgoing data" of which MI5 are well aware of there trails!

Why do the Gov need to know why what you're doing with your data- albeit mobile or PC?

Next they'll want to be able to track your phone.... Like rats in the maze.

They already can.... do keep up ;) lol...The data that companies like Telco's and ISP's... is already available and analysed by the governmental types, if they so choose to use this data to prosecute a warranty will be applied for, how many cases have you heard of through the media, where this has happened...? Or this data could be used in a covert way to disrupt things, and this all goes unreported.. until the next drone strike on a terrorist training camp/school

This makes for interesting reading.... and look at the implication's,

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2453100/malware-hidden-in-chinese-inventory-scanners-targeted-logistics-shipping-firms.html

Maybe the latest device you ordered that was made in China wasn't late... just interfered with on its way over :)

All im doing is giving up an alternative view(based on over 30 years of IT experience)... and a technically very simple thing to do as well.... :D

Edited by Flipper_Al
  • Like 1

Al, it's nice to see someone else on the ball.

You have to forgive me as I don't follow the media, so what news is out there I'm slow at receiving haha.

I know individual companies and organisations can track you and have access to data uploaded and downloaded but the Gov itself, I though were a little behind or at least with broadcasting the news anyway.

I do take C-theories with a pinch of salt more than the next person as they either haven't happened yet to be "truth" or actual proves facts and how they'll slot together or they based on history with little proof than the internet or minuscule information.

The digital world isn't safe and not just from governments.

With things being "cloud storage" these days, who's to say no-one will ever look in those files?

Even with my offline based computer, I do rely on my external hard drive and keep it password protected but there's no amount of safety these days that won't stop someone getting in to it.

Not that I have anything to hide but stuff that is personal to me and myself only.

I'm hoping Anonymous come back and give us all a helping hand.

White

PGP... fooks governments, but i believe they changed the law which means you have to hand over your pass key or do up to 5 years...

Use PGP with TOR, expect to pop up on someones radar :D lol

Edited by Flipper_Al
  • Like 1

In less than 24 hours, MPs will vote through a new law forcing internet and phone companies to keep records of all your calls, emails and texts. The government says it’s to counter terrorism - but privacy campaigners say it’s a huge power grab under false pretences. [1]

Either way, it’s made a mockery of the democratic process. Usually, a new law takes months. Buttomorrow, MPs will vote this law through just two working days after it was first announced.Many MPs probably won’t have had the time to read it.

The Tory, Lib Dem and Labour leaders are all backing it - it’d take a miracle to stop MPs passing it tomorrow. But we could make sure that it gets properly reviewed and debated within six months. MPs will vote on an amendment tomorrow which would make sure it’s reviewed in December 2014. [2] But we’ll only get a review if enough MPs vote for one.

Can you take a few minutes to email your MP now? There are hints and tips on the page. You could ask them to vote for a December review, or tell them what you think about the fact that the law has been rushed through in two days. The more constituents they hear from, the more likely MPs are to want to show they’re listening - and compromise by voting for a December review. Just click here to send an email:
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/amend-privacy-bill

The full name of the law is the Data Retention and Investigatory Powers Bill. [3] David Cameron, Nick Clegg and Ed Miliband held secret meetings last week to write it. And now the government intends to pass it through the House of Commons on Tuesday and the House of Lords on Wednesday. [4] It’ll be law before the end of the week.

Whichever way you look at it, it’s pretty jaw-dropping. The government says it’s just replacing EU law which was thrown out by European courts in April, but privacy campaigners say this law has “new and unprecedented powers” to keep tabs on all of us. [5]

We have a democratic process for a reason, and 38 Degrees members have come together over and over again to defend it. We stood together against the gagging law, we beat back the snoopers’ charter, and every month we make sure that MPs are hearing from thousands of us about the things that are important. [6]

This new law is being forced through tomorrow. Your MP’s probably had little time to read it - and yet they’re supposed to speak for you in Parliament. Click here to tell your MP what you’d like them to do tomorrow:

And this is why I hate and never vote for "The Big 3". Not saying UKIP would be any better but at least they do have a pair of balls to say what they're thinking.

Sent my email, will let you know my response. Probably automated but meh, it's done :thumbs:

I imagine there's a lot of PM's buying new computers and mobile phones and a change of websites when this law comes in ;) perves

White