Air Arms Pro Sport Vs Tx200 Vs Tx200Hc

Hey guys,

I've got a little money coming my way soon and I have already lined up a HW98 in .22 as I've wanted one for a while and now looking for another rifle to finish me off for a while. The misses has "allowed me to have 4" ;) LOL bless her.

I can't quite make my mind up between the TX200, HC and now the Pro Sport but what is the Pro Sport like?

I know it's an under lever still, concealed within the stock but what makes it £100 more and what benefits is there and compared to the other 2 models?

Anything will help :thumbs:

White

Ha. The mrs is kind indeed. My two pence would be get the 98 tuned and you won't need the AA's mate. Honest.

I've got a 97kt and 98 both with v-Mach installed and to be honest, I've not owned an AA springer, had an old S400 serial 069, wish I'd never sold it but having spent a day or so with a pro sport, I wouldn't say it's any better, and it would be said the same with a HC. It's so smooth @ new that you perhaps save cash in the long run, but my god a well tuned HW is just as good if not better. I think. And a HW opens up more options custom wise...

At the end of the day, the 98 will be all you need, and once you get the HW bug bite, please do consider the 97 if your after an under lever. End of.

Good luck with it all.

• Like 3

Hahaha Rez, she's adorable really ;) it's one of them, if anything ever happened to me. I'm afraid she'd sell my stuff for what I told her I purchased them for :laugh:

The AA's are something I've had my eye on since buying my first rifles and my current ones. I think they're the British equivalent of the HW's but I think they have a few bells and whistles when it comes down to styling, from the choice of wooden stock to the fish scale grip that comes as a standard...

Alike the BSA's, I like to think should there ever be a problem, they're on the doorstep to send stuff off.and minimal cost for shipping.

I'll leave the Pro Sport, not worth it if it's just a gimmick. I just wasn't sure whether to push the boat out with it.

The 200 vs the HC, there seems to be more features on the HC but not entirely sure if they're worth it or would come in practical for hunting.

How much did it cost to tune your 98 pal?

Thank you very much for your comments.

White

Iv two 97k,s sitting in my cabinet one is fitted with a full v mach kit and welsh willy trigger and full v mach mach safety and one is standard out of the box but i have a pro sport to and i would choose this over the 97,s eny time there more balanced than a 97 and you can hold them on target longer where as the 97 i think is to front end heavier and tends to start swaying after holding on target to long IE , if out shooting rabbits and they move just as your going to take your shot and you have to follow it through the scope,s to line your shot up , plus my pro sport is tune,d up to and with next to no recoil.

I would not get rid of eny 97,s that i have but don't knock the pro sport go and shoulder one and if you can fire one i bet you will love it .

I was gutted when i did a deal with my last pro sport (the famous crow sport) and i let her go so when this new one came up i snapped her up there a cracking rifle like i said try one atvbmac :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

Alll'wight.

The Pro Sport is a rifle I wish I could have, so its perhaps more anger at being a lefty that makes me say stay away. But its flammin gorgeous aint it.

For me, and no doubt other may disagree, the HC is the better rifle. Lets be honest, they both punch one hole groups out of the box, fine. Thats that said. But the extra length, in this case, isn't ideal mate. Im more of a carbine fan anyway. The HC just looks a better, compact sporter. The 98 cost me 5 hours of my time, and 84 quid for the kit. Absolutely well worth every penny. I stripped it, polished, and re assembled and it worked out so well. So I did my 97 just the other week. I did enquire to a few forum members about doing it for me, but its maybe just the fear of f*ckin it up if I did it myself... but once its done, the feel good factor that it shoots sweet is great.

Loads of kits about, Ive only used Steve Pope for mine, so I cant comment on others. I have shot a few SFS rifles mind and they're not that good ;) dont be a sheep.

Edited by Rez
  • Like 1

Don't get me wrong REZ i love the 97,s all of them but you no what its like when you sell some thing and you no you shood not have im a big lad and hc are no good for me but the pro sport is a good rifle iv had them all the tx 200 hc, the tx 200 full length , the pro sport and so on .

the 97 i have is tuned and is so sweet to shoot and i love this rifle i must add that i sold this rifle to my son inlaw but it lives at mine and have full use of it at eny time no if,s or buts .

True the p,s is only made in right hand but time will see if they make a lefty may be some one shud make up a petition and send it to A,A as i think a lot of lads are missing out on what is a cracking rifle .

Vislauk is my shooting partner and is a lefty but he can shoot both right and left so is lucky but not all can.

Im not knocking the 97,s at all i love them to much hell i cut my teeth on them i think my forum name say,s that atvbmac :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 2

I called AA just a while ago now about a lefty hand job, maybe they could sell me a action and Ill source my own stock. Plain. "No sorry, we dont do that". Is there any chance of it? "No sorry".

It wank. They're missing a trick and it makes no sense. Surely someone at AA is left handed?!?!

97. Sod um. Better rifle anyway ;)

Im not a big bloke Mac... Hense my prefs to the HC. Again. This discussion is about 3-4 top top rifles that will out shoot the shooter any day, and the choice is often settled by how they work with the shoulder and so on. There all the same rifle anyway.

Best wishes.

Edited by Rez

I called AA just a while ago now about a lefty hand job, maybe they could sell me a action and Ill source my own stock. Plain. "No sorry, we dont do that". Is there any chance of it? "No sorry".

It wank. They're missing a trick and it makes no sense. Surely someone at AA is left handed?!?!

97. Sod um. Better rifle anyway ;)

Im not a big bloke Mac... Hense my prefs to the HC. Again. This discussion is about 3-4 top top rifles that will out shoot the shooter any day, and the choice is often settled by how they work with the shoulder and so on. There all the same rifle anyway.

Best wishes.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

I thought carbines was more about how it all works with a shorter barrel, as to the size of the shooter?

I'm a big lad too, I've used carbines and never an issue. Never really shot a "Standard/Full Length" barrel to a time I've thought about how it works any differently but I don't imagine that being an issue either.

I'm going for the HW98 because break barrel, spring powered rifles is what hunting and air rifles is all about to me. So having a Weihrauch is a dream come true, and with it's groovy stock :thumbs:

The AA's I've always considered a really pretty rifle but a "meat and potatoes", essential/fundamental rifle design to own and use but I was scared off at first from all the horror stories or people chopping finger tips off.... There's a way around it and that's being sensible and conserving the time to reload as to firing another round ASAP- to no disrespect to anyone unfortunate to have this happen to them!

The TX seems like the backbone to the other two AA's. The HC seems a little nipped and tucked to cater for the "average" hunter, whilst the PS seems to be their rifle with a better design and stock with it's contours.

It's the question whether I go for the backbone, the one customised for my sport or the one with the bells and whistles?

I agree, there's not a lot in between HW97 and a TX200. Everyone has their own opinion and why, for me, there's something about the AA that I generally prefer over HW's, be that the shape, design, functionality but the fact they're the British underdog wins them over.

White

Its be fine to cock man, same as your XL's. Shoulder them all. It'll be the decision maker to be honest. Once you start with that 98, you'll consider the HW's more. You'll need sling if your carting it round fields all day though.

• Like 1

Thanks Rez and I will look to get them kitted out. Some nice scopes as well :thumbs:

I've moved from Telford where my local was and had the AA's, my new local sells second hand naff and overpriced everything :-/

May pop to SFS on a day out and see what I come across, may ask about tuning the rifles up too- should be enough left to just do that ;)

White

I have a tx200 mark 2 and a 97k ...I like the plain stock of the 97k and the cliccccccckkk when loading the tx is a bit annoying at times . but the tx can be loaded quietly and decocked .It would be nice if AA made a plain ambidextrous stock .If you are determined to get AA a prosport may be the way to go .

• Like 2