Sign in to follow this  
shropshire dan

.223 Or .243

Flippen ek...6 pages and still going...

.243 is an excellent and versatile calibre for fox and deer with the variety of ammo available.

Start there and you will find out for yourself if it works for you!

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker

On a serious note, for every single calibre out there you will get for and against comments, at the end of the day it is more important to feel confident in the rifle and ammunition, if you are, you will shoot well with it, they will all kill deer, and everyone has a favourite, Dan mate, do your research, and whatever you get, make sure it fits and feels comfortable, find the ammunition it likes and make sure you have a ready supply, or even better start reloading, get a.25-06 point it in the right place, the deer will fall down, :yes: enjoy.

edited :thumbs: you know it makes sense :laugh::laugh::laugh:

You are correct sir, it makes very good sense, the .25-06 death ray is all he will ever need and more :yes:

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Great advice CC ill try and have a go with some before committing to buy. Im going to get my fox rifle first then once im confident I want to try reloading for it and then get deer rifle and reloed for that. Thanks again all

• Like 1

On a serious note, for every single calibre out there you will get for and against comments, at the end of the day it is more important to feel confident in the rifle and ammunition, if you are, you will shoot well with it, they will all kill deer, and everyone has a favourite, Dan mate, do your research, and whatever you get, make sure it fits and feels comfortable, find the ammunition it likes and make sure you have a ready supply, or even better start reloading, get a.25-06 point it in the right place, the deer will fall down, :yes: enjoy.

You are correct sir, it makes very good sense, the .25-06 death ray is all he will ever need and more :yes:

So why have you not got one then? :laugh:

Come on mate I KNOW you're a secret 6.5 swede fan, just let it go it will be much easier that way :laugh:

So why have you not got one then? :laugh:

Come on mate I KNOW you're a secret 6.5 swede fan, just let it go it will be much easier that way :laugh:

I cant afford the powder to reload the .25-06 :cray: and just dont seem to be able to work out the vast ark of the turnips trajectory, so I am afraid I will have to stick to something flat shooting pal :yes:

Ohh it's easy to work out the trajectory of a 6.5 just pop outside and throw a house brick down the garden then measure the distance job done lol

• Like 2

Ohh it's easy to work out the trajectory of a 6.5 just pop outside and throw a house brick down the garden then measure the distance job done lol

Thanks Danw, I will pass that on to the Seeker, I will see him tommorow night, he will be chuffed to bits, always causes problems working it out, if a target is more than 25-30 yards away :D

• Like 2

Well I know I said was out, but I couldn't resist posting this, so please forgive me. :bye:

That's a 1070 yard shot against an Elk and an instant on the spot drop.

.243 pfff. :laugh:

(7mm magnum btw)

Edited by Alsone

What is it with us guys and size comparison lol. I've applied for a A-10 warthog tank buster with 30mm rotary cannon with 3500 rounds a minute. Haha

Mines bigger than yours ;)

• Like 2

What is it with us guys and size comparison lol. I've applied for a A-10 warthog tank buster with 30mm rotary cannon with 3500 rounds a minute. Haha

Mines bigger than yours ;)

Do you think you will get it open straight away?