Odd One Out

He really does think he's bovine!

Not being quite so 'intimate' with his mates today then? LOL

How many others have seen a lone wild fallow run to a herd of beast for safety and then quite happily let them lick him to death?

• Like 3

How many others have seen a lone wild fallow run to a herd of beast for safety and then quite happily let them lick him to death?

Strange isn't it he did the same again today ran to the herd then tried to hide among them, the cows though took less interest and didn't lick him :laugh:

Me...well almost! Before I was really into deer, a mate's dad had a pair of fallow running with his cattle and coming into the haylage ring with them. Not around when I want them these days though!

Novice

We used to watch a white pricket in with the ponies , why he liked it we couldn't work out given the ponies where in there because there was very little grass & the adjoining field was lush by comparison ...

strange deer in with the cattle. i always thought they were not over keen on being in with the cattle but didnt mind the sheep. i am not saying i havent seen deer in fields with cows just thought that given a choice they would prefer sheep.

strange deer in with the cattle. i always thought they were not over keen on being in with the cattle but didnt mind the sheep. i am not saying i havent seen deer in fields with cows just thought that given a choice they would prefer sheep.

Always found it the other way round , fallow don't like the sheep first or last ..

• Like 2

Its quite common to see both fallow and roe deer in fields where cattle (cows) are present but they avoid fields containing sheep, Sheep urine contaminates the ground to much which causes them to avoid areas containing sheep ,

Cheers

Cap