Hi all im from devon been into air guns/rifles since i was a kid ,ive had quite a few of each over the years and lost touch with this hobby .

So im now getting back into it ,ill be getting a nice new rifle soon and ill be asking several farmers if they will let me have permission to shoot o their land .

Also going to join the loacal rifle club too so i can get some practice in as well as i sad been out of touch with this sport for a good few years now .

Is there any tips you guys could give me as im quite switched on but way out of touch as i said before ,ive been reading and watching youtube vids of hunting/target

also other tips just want to make sure i havent missed anything .

My top tip, take your time and absorb knowledge like a sponge.

One of the most obvious things, practice, practice, practice and more practice. But practice all elements of hunting, whether shooting, concealment, fieldcraft, and everything else.

Try and get friendly with some guys from the shooting club. They'll be able to help you out a lot.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum bud,

Remy is a wise guy and he has a good tip to take in.

Personally, I'd find myself an open rifle range where you're exposed to the elements and stick to going all year round, on a regular basis. With the seasons changing, different winds speeds/directions, temperatures, etc. It will all impact on your shooting and you'll become a better marksman than someone firing indoors.

If they have static targets at different distances, try to zero in at different ranges and learn how far away that is as best as you can- for when it comes to being out in the field.

As for permissions, there's quite a few topics (there's one on 'general talk') for you to take some experienced hints and tips from all members and all sporting backgrounds.

There's plenty to read upon and join in with on the forum, so, we hope you enjoy you're stay.

White