i know these are not necessary but has anyone on here got any good experience with lures and there making.

im mainly interested in predator stuff like fox. from piss to glands or food lures.. any favourites?i like to here about the country foxes they seem more danger savvy so can be harder to pick up.

i ask because im snaring a fair few foxes and just wanted to harvest stuff like glands ect instead of wasting them.. this season im gonna start on the furs instead of wasting as well.

Simple gland lure, make this year to use next! Grind up fox glands and store in jar with some glycerine and a little Sodium Benzoate, and leave to age for a few months at least!

Lots of different food and gland lures you can make up easily enough, if you have time on your hands, and a good stomach!

thanks guys im gonna cut a load out and jar.. i got some glycol and preserve i dont normally bother with the glyerine but im told its good to put some in if its freezing weather so i will use some this go round so its good to go no matter what the weather.

the standard piss i normally put 50% water with some salt i suppose glycerine would be good in that too..

would you dilute the piss some old fellow i know said dont.

i personally wouldnt dilute it.

you can add to it with some cooking oil and a little salt to make it go little further and have a more clingable appeal on trees ect , also any fat collected off burgers ,bacon or sausages even old chip shop fat will draw in a fox. good luck

thanks colin im on it tomorrow..i had some micro's arrive so i made a few up and there out tomorrow..along with chip shop sludge and some nice extras.

i will harvest some added lure from these ones i can use a bit in the cages to help hide the old spice smell :laugh:

thanks colin about the oil with the piss.. i think i prefer that to add some body rather than glycerine even though its basically similar product.. somehow that veggie we cook with has something dogs and such really like so its a food and gland teaser.

i got loads of glycerine i use it to thicken ink and to hold pigments.. but i just never bothered with it in piss i heard loads use it.. if i had some piss in a can or something sat for a while i would put a little water in just to give me a little extra back.but i will quit that and stay pure even if evaporated and strong enough to put water back i will just make do and keep it pure and wont fiddle trying to make it stretch.

a well placed bait or scent will draw them in.

catch up soon :thumbs: