What Got You Into Hunting?

my uncle was a right old poacher :) my 8th birthday present was a beddy whippet pup. spent my childhood ferreting with him. 40 years on and still love it. my kids have followed on too. my daughter used to come ferreting with me from the age of 5. she's moved away from it now but my lads both shoot and lamp the dog with me. all my kids grew up eating game. never saw a pot of baby food.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me it fulfills my love of buggering & smashing the shiite out of small furry things. Peace

No one in my immediate family enjoys hunting, working dogs ferrets etc, so I have no idea where on earth i get my love of hunting from. My great uncle used to be a gamekeeper, but he wasnt someone i s

Killing people is apparently frowned upon so I opted for the next best thing!!!

My next door neighbour had a bsa mercury when I was nine, he let me knock a few cans over that was it I was hooked my dad bought me a relum tornado I loved that gun and had it for years ive never been without a gun since

• 4 weeks later...

I have always been brought up in the countryside but had conflicting opinions on hunting, my fathers side were farmers, my mothers side worked beagles and foxhounds but mam had always disagreed with it and questioned why a girl would be interested! one day at school we had to debate fox hunting and I was on the anti side, but same as you thought I thought I can't comment on something I know nothing about n went along to a fox hunt. Although I didn't see a kill I enjoyed the companionship and more than anything being out there and seeing dogs doing what they were bred for. I suppose really it's the dogs that have got me interested. I love seeing them fit for purpose and now I have my border I would love to see him working with his instincts and building a deeper bond together.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've always loved the outdoors and always wanted to shoot etc. my family don't do any hunting but I now shoot and beet thanks to a work colleague who introduced me to where he shoots etc. I'm hooked and will soon be looking for permissions

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Always had a home made bow and arrow, and spears, never got anything. Borrowed people's dog's, allsorts of breeds trying to catch rabbits.

Went out with my uncle', and his wee cairn terrier rabbiting..

Got a ferret given and some bisley nets :-) hard work were them nets.

Snaring, making traps ( of sorts ). Making fire's/dens.

A lot of yrs later still at it, hopefully a bit wiser :-)

Atb

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

my dad and both my granddads got me in to hunting and fishing as i didnt like being in doors to much i still dont like being in doors now .you cant beat being out side in the fresh air. sometimes i just go for a walk with my dog and just take in the scenery, Both my daughter now do the same, plus you cant beat fresh meat that you know where it come from with nothing added to it

I've never done any hunting until recently and never thought it would interest me. But I joined a deer stalking party last year just to try it out and was surprised how much I liked it and that it could totally absorb my whole attention during that day. I guess it was the combination of spending time outdoors in a beautiful scenery with the excitement of closing in on the prey. So I decided to take up shooting and the rest will probably be history!